Meaningful Beauty / fraud

CA, United States Review updated:

I ordered the "Introductory" package on TV. I only ordered the skin care. Apparently they also sent me vitamins, which I never ordered. I didn't like the skincare so I returned it and cancelled. They sent another shipment anyway so I returned that. And now they want $106 for the vitamins I never ordered and never received. Had I received them I would have sent them back also because the products are very low quality and an absoloute rip off.

Comments

•   May 20, 2009

Misinformation on cost, products etc. According to searches on this subject I found it has happened to many, many, many, many, many, many, many others and found so on a lot of different websites, many of the complaints were exactly what happened to me. The customer service rep and also her male supervisor would not help me execept with a 20% discount. I was suppose to be charged $29.95 and was charged over $129.95! They are very misleading both on the telephone and website.

• Pu
      Nov 10, 2009

I too am part of their scams.. 29.95 turned into a collection agency trying to get 73.30 extra from me. I called MB and they just said that I was beyond the helping period. Now I am stuck with a bill for a gift that I gave away in May 2009. MB can kiss it..

• 31
      Feb 25, 2010
    Meaningful Beauty - Automatic order sent after requesting it not be - unable to contact company to discontinue
    S. Bird
    Maryland

I ordered this product to try it out. When I ordered they asked me if I wanted automatic deliveries every 30 days. I said NO. In 30 days I received another package and almost a $100 charge on my credit card. I have called the company and been put on "eternal hold" when trying to resolve the issue.

• Sw
      Feb 27, 2010

I started using Meaningful Beauty and realized it wasn't any different than the other products I'd used. But when I have found out on the internet that Cindy Crawford herself is leading women on acting like she has never had any procedures on her face, making women feel they will look as good as she does, well that is another story. Cindy Crawford misrepresents this product and continues to make a ton of money while she is deceiving women. She is not a natual beauty! Anyone with facial procedures can tell you it works! I cannot believe that she is still the spokesperson for this skincare.

Wake up women and smell the coffee! I have lost all respect for her!

• Po
      Apr 06, 2010

NO, NO, NO FOR THIS PRODUCT ITS A SCAM !!!

• Tx
      Apr 22, 2010

Same thing, scam. They keep billing me every month for 29.95. I just watched a show on Enzyte and how they kept billing people for months and were finally sued by the government for fraud. The SAME thing is happening here. I'm changing my Visa credit card today!

• Mi
      Jul 14, 2010
    Meaningful Beauty - Unwanted Product
    Meaningful Beauty
    Minnesota

This company continues to send product to me even though I have cancelled my membership over a year ago & have returned 3 shippments now. I am on my way to the post office to return my 4th package that I did not order from them today.

• La
      Dec 15, 2010

I had seen this commercial several times before and finally decided to order. I went online and ordered while the commercial was still running. I know for a fact that it stated that it was $110 worth of products for $39.95 plus packaging. If it had said it was $39.95 per month then I would never have ordered. The package I received had a letter enclosed stating that I would automatically receive further products after 90 days. I decided to try it for a month and if I didn't like it, then I would cancel the repeat orders, but I never got the chance to do that. Within 30 days I received another package and my account was debited for another $39.95. I called to complain and told them I would return the package, which I did. I never received a refund. Lo and behold, 30 days later my account is charged with another $39.95, which put me into overdraft. It wasn't until then that I searched online and realized that this is a familiar story. I've contacted my bank and let them know that there's unauthorized payments coming out of my account. As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing short of fraud and shame on Cindy Crawford for endorsing and promoting this product, especially now that she's revealed that her youthful skin is thanks to her cosmetic surgeon and not to her creams. I'm disgusted and wonder if she sleeps well at night knowing that she's made a fortune at the expense of others through deception.

• Sc
      Feb 01, 2011
    Meaningful Beauty - Unauthorized Credit Card Transactions
    GRC Meaningful Beauty
    Des Moines
    Iowa

Ordered a 30 day supply kit @ 39.95. They billed me for a 90-day kit in 3 monthly payments. Tried for 2 months to contact but auto message disconnects you when you try to reach a representative. Finally reached them 3 months after the initial order and they refused to refund the difference. FRAUD!!!

• Un
      Feb 04, 2011
    Meaningful Beauty - Lost order
    Guthy-Renker

Lost order and refused to refund. Still have to pay for product that was not delivered. Do not bother with buying any products from this company.

• Lu
      Apr 23, 2011

The product caused a horrible rash and it really hurt. I think this product should be pulled off the market.

• Lu
      Apr 23, 2011

This product was horrible. It causes rashes and I looked like a monster for weeks. Do not buy this product. I am so surprised it is still on the market.

• Co
      Jun 09, 2011

This company is a complete Fraud!! They tell you that you will be billed one time at the price they display on the website & on the TV commercial. This is a complete lie. They will bill that amount from you every 20 days is more accruate without sending you any notification or product. This is a complete scam - please beware of this company. I had to shut down my entire bank account to stop these people - what a nightmare!!!

• Cr
      Jun 22, 2011

Those darned old infomercials anyway, you seen the product advertised, you did not pay attention to what they said that it was a club you ordered the trial & thought you were done-you signed up & agreed to have the items shipped to you every so many days from Guthy Renker-you will need to cancel your club membership & pay closer attention to those infomercials that are not out to scam you with unathorized charges.This line of products can be purchased thru qvc on a one time basis on qvc.com.You never send an un-opened pkg.back to a company they will just deny recieving it & bill your credit card, you need to open the pkg.at that time you can write on there cancel club membership & pay to return the item Certified Return Recicept Requested so that you can prove it was received by them!

• Me
      Jun 27, 2011

Since getting involved in this scam, internet searches have uncovered tales of side effects .. headaches, hair loss, burning, rashes, etc. Does Cindy get these side effects? Hell no! Her looks are due to her vitamin and botox injections.
    Order at your pearl! Unless you have unlimited amounts of cash to throw away or are ready to enter into a never-ending battle with their customer service. This company has already been reported on numerous occasions to the Attorney General's office and to the FTC. This is a SCAM. Shame on you Ms Crawford. I hope you sleep well at night, knowing that you are making millions at the expense of others' misery.
    Check out and like MeaningfulBeauty (no spaces) on FB and MeaningfulCrap on Twitter

Sep 01, 2011

I canceled the automatic order that I never agreed to in the first place, along with returning my first shipment which was
    for 3 months (I did not authorize). Since then I have received 3 more shipments over the last 7 to 8 months. I kept calling to
    cancel each time I received the shipment. I am now going to my bank to change my account number. It has cost me time, hundreds of dollars thatI did not authorize and have not been refunded. I am disgussed that Cindy is taking money that is not hers. They are
    stealing.

Sep 01, 2011

Upon receipt of the first order, I canceled it because it was for 3 months not 1 month which was promoted on tv.
    I included a written letter in the Package I returned with my explanation. Since then I have received 3 more shipments over the last 7 to 8 months. I kept calling to cancel each time I received the shipment and sending a written letter within the return package. I am now going to my bank to change my account number. It has cost me time, hundreds of dollars thatI did not authorize and have not been refunded. I am disgusted that Cindy is taking money that is not hers. I will not ever purchase a product of any kind that she is involved with. They are stealing and should be prosecuted.

• Br
      Jan 19, 2012

Totally Agreed. Total Scam

• Pa
      May 28, 2012

All the complaints are true. Cindy Crawford should be ashamed to have her name on this product.

• Pa
      May 28, 2012

I have been trying for 2 months to get money back. All I get is form letters. A total sham.

• Ni
      Nov 12, 2012

I ordered what I thought was the promotional offer from TV for $39. The portions of product are tiny and I was allergic to them, so I cancelled. My account has been charged two times more for a total of 128.00 which they told me was the value of the initial package. I have spent time calling to figure this out and to confirm that I do not want the product.
    Its not worth the time and trouble to bother with this anymore. Extremely disappointed that someone would sponsor this consumer fraud.

•   Nov 12, 2012

It's not a fraud, it is a failure to find out the terms and conditions of the offer before committing to an order.

• Gu
      Nov 13, 2012

Hi Nicole, please contact our Corporate Customer Service Escalation Team for further assistance with you cancellation bit.ly/MBCet. Thank you.

• Ji
      Dec 03, 2012

They are fraudulent!!! Don't take care of cancellation terms.

• Pe
      Dec 11, 2012

I too have had problems with this company, being charged for orders not made or received; also being charged again, receiving a shipment which they advised me to "refuse" and send back via the same courier "then I would be credited" the amount they charged. I returned the package but never got a refund. In fact, had yet another charge to my account after "they inactivated my account".
    They now keep quoting their 60-day money back guarantee. Fine if you actually ordered the stuff! They are liars and thieves.

• Ka
      Dec 12, 2012

I ordered Meaningful Beauty and they charged my card, however I do not received it. I called customer service to find out they do not have the right address on file and they told me I still have to pay the bill! This company is unprofessional and I would not do business with them.

• Me
      Jan 05, 2013

This is the BIGGEST scam. You tell them you just want to try it and you do not want to be on reorder. I get another package. I sent it back and paid full price and not only am I not getting my money back but I have been sent to a collection agency. I have already paid for this snake oil and now they are saying I did not make my payments. How could I not make a payment? It is a automatic draw from my account. I think it is time for a class action lawsuit!!! I just goggled Cindy Crawford and Plastic Surgery. Oh yes, those so called good looks did not come from a melon in France.

• De
      Jan 20, 2013

Anything ordered through Guthry Renker is going to be full of problems. He signs you up for continuing delivery without disclosing it to you. He's just a crook...deals mostly with cosmetics. So be very careful when ordering cosmetics, make sure his name is not on the company. There are all sorts of consumer advocacy groups, just send one letter, copy it and send to all. Also complain to your credit card company about a fraudulent claim. They have to fully investigate that, it is required by banking rules. Hope you get 'em!!
    Delo

• Re
      Jan 24, 2013

I got mine and it was missing a product and I had such a bad break out from these products that I had to go see
    my dermatologist. They better not send me any more, they will hear from my lawyer. These products do nothing
    like they say they will. Not happy with this at all.

• Si
      Feb 06, 2013

Hi friends,

Even i faced the same problem with another company and lost so much money.But now i am very happy, I am using products from Hollywood Complexions.This is also an online beauty products store located in U.K.here they have products for all needs like anti ageing, dark pigmentation, and weight reduction also.I personally use this products and very much satisfied, and recommend my friends and relatives also, cost are also very reasonable and now there is a BUY 1 and Get 1 offer.They accept payments through Paypal, Google checkout and Western Union, so need to worry about your money.They will deliver all over the world Just visit here and shop your products happily :http://hollywoodcomplexions.com/

Feb 19, 2013

I SOLVED THE PROBLEM OF HAVING MY CREDIT CARD REBILLED by simply reporting my card lost. End of story. If a company (any company) dosen't have your credit card number they will not ship more merchandise. It's your $$$ they're after, NOT happy, repeat customers.

• La
      Apr 15, 2013
    Meaningful Beauty - Returned Items still being billed
    Meaningful Beauty

Cancelled my account--returned products and still being billed $48.94. Poor products...Do not do business with this company How can I get the credit I deserve?

• Eb
      May 06, 2013

Been a customer since 9/2012. First order was the 30 day trial. They sent a 90 day, 7 PC. set and charged my card for it. The 7 PC set gets free shipping, they charged me $10.00. It took 3 months to get them to refund. By then, the next shipment was shipped and they charged me shipping again. The next shipment didn't come. I kept calling and asking when it was going to be shipped and each time I called they didn't know why it hadn't been shipped and they were shipping it that day. After two months, I received the order. A 7 PC set, and they charged me shipping again. I then received a bill for $151.00. I called and they told me that my credit card number had been removed from my profile. They couldn't tell me why or how, but now, I had to pay the full amount, I couldn't pay the three payments and they promised to refund the shipping. I gave them the same card that had been on my account and there wasn't a problem with the card. No product is worth this kind of unprofessional incompetency. Absolutely NO PRODUCT. I cancelled my automatic delivery and I will look else where, anywhere, probably Victoria Principle's line; but I will NEVER attempt to do business with company again.

• Li
      Mar 12, 2015

I had the same problem with derm exclusive, iwas told i would get the product every two months, i start getting it every month for a fee of 89.oo, had trouble cancelling it, then i ordered a product recommended by dr. Oz, my card was billed 95.95 for each product, the jar was so small, had to call twice to cancel that one too, when u order these products they dont give u the terms and conditions and when you call, u dont get a live person, u go through prompts, i wont order anything else from any company, its to had to stop it and take too long to get the money back on your ctedit card