Meaningful Beauty / deceptive advetising and marketing
This is the complaint I filed with the Federal Trade Commission this evening:
Meaningful Beauty: With Cindy Crawford
I viewed this product (Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford) on TV. I was going to purchase it for my wife. When I called to order- all of my personal information was taken, then I was told that this is a 'club'- a subscription system, and that I would receive product every month. I said (four times) that I do not want to 'subscribe'- I only want the advertised product- at the advertised price. Each time I was told that I could not purchase this product at the price advertised (29.95) without the 'club' or subscription.
I asked to speak with a supervisor. I also told him that I wanted to purchase the advertised product, without the subscription- I was told I could not. This went on for a few 'rounds' also- whereas I informed 'Frank' that I did not want the product, and then hung up. Remember: this is after I had given all of my personal information- including my credit card- as I was lead to believe we had a agreement for a product, and a price.
I must believe that this is fraudulent advertising and marketing. Nothing in the television ad says that to purchase this product- one must join a club or be forced to accept a subscription. This is also a 'first' time for me to believe that I was purchasing an item, at a set price- to have given all of my information, and then to be told that 'I was agreeing to a subscription service'- something I would not have done.
Please help to stop this deceptive marketing.
Thank you !
Richard L. Taylor
More Meaningful Beauty Complaints & Reviews
- Meaningful Beauty - unauthorized billing 
- Meaningful Beauty - dissatisfied with product 
- GRC Meaningful Beauty - unauthorized charges 
- Meaningful Beauty - harassment & rip off & lies 
- Meaningful Beauty - scam 
- Meaningful Beauty - did not receive my order
- Meaningful Beauty - cancelled order 
- Meaningful Beauty Vitamins - fraudulent ad/ misrepresentation
- Meaningful Beauty - won't refund my money 
- Meaningful Beauty - customer service