mean green, liquid comet / watered down products

1 navarre fla florosa fla, FL, United States Review updated:

I'VE HAD MY OWN CLEANING COMPANY FOR 22 YRS. OVER THE LAST1 2 YRS, IVE BOUGHT ALL OF MY CLEANING SUPPLIES FROM DOLLAR GENERAL. LATELY I'VE NOTICED ALL THE CLEANERS HAVE BEEN WATERED DOWN, I'VE MENTIONED THIS TO BOTH OF THE MANAGERS, AND HAVE GOTTON NO HELP ON THIS MATTER. I CLEAN FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE AND LATELY I'M TELLING THEM NOT TO BUY THERE ANY LONGER. THIS IS SOOO UNFAIR TO THE CONSUMER, SINCE YOU PAY ALOT FOR SOME OF THEIR CLEANERS. IF I GET NO RESPONSE, I WILL BE CALLING THE BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU!

Comments

• Co
      4th of May, 2009

Do you think the STORE makes your cleaners?
    If you want to complain to someone, complain to the manufacturer.
    On another note, if I thought my cleaning staff was buying the cheapest thing on the market vs a quality product, they'd be out on their butts.

• Jg
      4th of May, 2009

Mean Green is an extremely good cleaner used by many industrial cleaning companies here. I buy this at at a department store in gallon size jugs. It isn't a cheap product for those who don't know of it. I just recently purchased a new one and it seems as good as ever.

Also, though I live in Canada and we don't have this store here..."Dollar General" is not a "dollar" store (at least not the ones I've been in while traveling). Prices range the same as any discount department store.

• Jg
      5th of May, 2009

Anything is possible - yes, she could be "watering" down the product herself, but also, yes, the store manager could be watering down the product to make more profit.

You shouldn't comment about things you don't know about. Do a little research first. You knew nothing about Mean Green and nothing about Dollar General. If you can't make a comment that could potentially help someone, you shouldn't make any at all.

If it were me and I suspected unfair business practice, I'd buy one from Dollar General and one from another source and have them both checked. Then you have some proof, but until you have proof, making a complaint isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

The other thing to do is contact the manufacturers of Mean Green and find out if they have recently made any changes to their formula.

• As
      5th of May, 2009

Oh, thank you "UNcommon sense" and Prof."KNOW IT ALL" Tillo, for your brief look into "Industry on Parade". And all this time I thought it was made by elves and little green men from Alpha Centauri in the storeroom of the store. The only one who is a child is you"Professor Tillo". If you think you're "getting what you pay for"! If that's the case, then maybe I could interest you in some dog food from China, or some of their baby formula, or maybe some peanut butter from Georgia!!! You, " dude" are totally naive.Quality control has gone out the window. For example, I bought a bottle of clorox clean-up from
    one store and the identical type from another store. They looked and smelled totally different.What say you Prof.? I've asked for NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES!!! And I DON'T water my product down. You're comments are thoughtless, uninsightful and totally useless! The only person that showed any "common sense" was Ms. Stinson. but, I guess, you can find a couple of idiots anywhere you go. Why don't you get a life! In closing, Here's a poem...Let me say, In my childish way. 2+2 is your I.Q.

• Mr
      7th of May, 2009

"Quality control has gone out the window"
    Says the man who buys cleaning supplies from a dollar store.

• Mb
      31st of Jan, 2011

In this economy many manufactures have cut corners to try to make as much profit as possible, but it is unfair to blame a store for what a manufacturer does with their products