Me Time Card / Fraud

United States, Missouri Review updated:
Me Time Card
"Joey" from Me Time Card called on Monday and told me I was eligible to receive a $10 reward just by confirming my address. I told him my name was on the NO CALL list and he said it didn't apply to them. He stated my address and said information was being sent to me, I told him I was not interested. He kept talking and I hung up. Three days later I found a charge for $55 to Me Time on my Visa/Debit. I did not give any personal information on the phone. I immedicately called my bank and am filing a fraud complaint. Unfortunately, it means closing my card which is inconvenient, but if "Joey" has the card number, it needs to be changed. Inconvenient, but safer. <br />
In addition, I found out that you can also file a fraud/scam complaint with econsumer.gov. This will alert sever governmental and international agencies and hopefully catch these crooks. Joe Bryer identified himself as one of the owners, so I listed his name and Cardiff, Mid Glamorgan, Wales, UK which is where he seems to be located. This is an international scam and the only way to stop it is to file complaints. Next step is the Better Bureau and the states Attorney General Office.<br />

N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I don't know how they managed to get my credit card number and address because I did not give that information out over the phone. I cancelled that credit card and opened up a new one so that they could not keep charging it.
N  14th of Aug, 2009 by
I have experienced the same thing from this company. They didn't speak with me over the phone. I received an email alert from my bank stating a $55 charge to my visa debit card by me time card. I went to their website and called the number. They have people working for them that read from a script and you can't get a word in. I finally was able to speak with "Meagan" who claimed that I would be refunded my money back in 5-7 business days, but instead they charged an additional $10 twice in one day to my account. I too had to call the bank and file a claim and have my account closed. I'm hoping that they will be caught.
N  16th of Aug, 2009 by
Telemarketing companies are able to purchase a data base that may included telephone numbers and even CC numbers . however those ones usually are more expensive, once a telemarketing company has one of those they use it and afterward they can sell it to other telemarketing companies . the problem comes when the merchan that has been used to scam people are reported so many times that usually the company shut down the merchan and they walked away with the cash !!! thats why this kind of call centers only work for 6 months or so