MDG Computers / Scam
I received a coupon in the mail for "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite", "Free Installation and Configuration" and "Free Updates for One Year". This package is supposed to worth $179 but is free for being an MDG customer and buying their products. All I had to do was call the Hamilton store to make an appointment to have this installed. I called the Hamilton Store and was told all I had to do was bring the computer in and leave it for a couple of days. We took the computer in on a Wednesday.
On Friday, I got a message from the technician stating that my so called "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite" was going to cost me additional money. Apparently this additional fee was the technician to delete the old anti-virus protection, install new software and then install the new "Free Premium Anti-Virus Protection Suite."
I re-read the letter I received with the coupon and nowhere in that letter does it states there would be an additional charge. It clearly states "Free installation and configuration". Am I missing something in the translation? As well, nothing was mentioned at the store when I dropped off the computer that could be possible hidden extra cost. I decided that I would not pay the extra fee and went down to pick up my computer. When I was in the store, I asked to speak the manager but was told he was on holidays and the technician was the one who was left in charge.
I feel that I have been misled by both the letter which accompanied the coupon, and the technician for not stating that there could be an extra cost involved. I am from out of town so this was an inconvenience to me to have to drive to Hamilton only to be told that it wasn't "free" after all.
Would I buy another product from MDG - no way and I would not recommend them to anyone else either.
More MDG Computers Complaints & Reviews
- MDG Computers - Newmarket, Ontario - Manufacturer's defect, warranty not covered 
- MDG Visionbook Pro 3700S - MDG is a fraud company 
- MDG Computers - Fraudulent Service 
- MDG Computers - Bogus charges and it is impossible to cancel them 
- MDG Computers - STILL TAKING MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT 
- MDG - 65" hisense 4k tv h8
- MDG - issues with verification and my sales rep
- MDG Computers Canada Inc. - I signed a contract with mdg they in return will not give me my product after they took my money
- MDG Computers - laptop purchase
- MDG - Beware