Mckay Manor / Bullying

1 1473 E mckay rdShelbyville, IN, United States Review updated:
Phone: 317-398-3100

My positon was in marketing and nursing, a family member performed duties as a private aid in the assisted living facility. The manager had a problem with that and harrassed the aid. She harrassed the aid and looked for any reason to complain about their performance. She explained to me she was going to call the residents family and complain about their work, gossiping etc. I listended to her disrespectful comments to the extent that I couldnt take it any more and I lost my cool and yelled at her. I myself have been bullied, harrassed, my job threatened and cursed at. After the incident it increased and became so unbearable I resinged after I was informed I was to resign due to conflict of interest and a written complaint of how I wasnt doing my job. I reported this to the corportate heads and they said deal with it. The manager threw a piece of paper at a coworker and hit them in the face, I am going to pursue this and I will have justice in the courts if needed.

Ta

Comments

• Ka
      23rd of Jan, 2012

I searched for a facility for my mother several months ago. I visited 4 facilities and was most impressed with the warm and friendly staff, beautiful facility and what they offer in activities/outings for the residents. She has lived there three months and said she would be happy to live there the rest of her life. You can have your own furniture around you (makes it feel more like home). You have your own kitchenette so you are able to fix a meal if you wish. They have professional chefs and several menu choices for each meal. I dined with my mother many times. The meals are delicious. Management was very informative, answered all our questions. They have maintained a very friendly and caring staff. If you knew the personalities of management there, which I have had some exposure, their personalities are warm, caring, and very professional. I would recommend McKay Manor to anyone who wanted a safe, plush, warm and friendly environment for your loved one, this is it. Many thanks!