MCHost (MCHost.com) / My bad experience with MCHost.com

1 United States

This is a copy/paste from my Better Business Bureau complaint:

During 2006 and the first half of 2007, MCHost.com double charged me several times for my account/website that was hosted through their online service. After much complaining and persistence, they reversed many of the "double" charges. However, after the last incident(April 2007), which they do not dispute, I incurred well over $1,500 in charges and expenses. Most of these were fees from my bank. Other fees included those for bounced checks. I've lost numerous hours trying to recover my money and my family has suffered because of the hole that we were placed in financially due to the various fees. Again, MCHost does not dispute any of these statements. I have numerous emails acknowledging these statements. They promised to have repay me, with the stipulation that they were filing it through their "insurance agency." Still, four months later their has not been any new communication from MCHost and not a single communication from their "insurance agency." After dealing with this for over a year, I made the decision to switch server providers and I canceled my account with MCHost. They required a 30 day notice, which I provided. Incidentally, they offered to provide me with a free year of service, but the service quality had become poor and unstable. They also attempted to charge me after I canceled my account and I was forced to place a "stop payment" for the pending charges as well as cancel my Bank Credit/Debit Card and order a new one. I have physical copies of their correspondence as well as letters from the Branch Manager of my bank confirming the fees were caused because of their negligence.