MCE Technology/ MCE Lucid-M8X Portable FireWire DVD-/+R/RW drive / HORRIBLE company

We ordered a MCE Lucid-M8X Portable FireWire DVD-/+R/RW drive from MCE maybe 5 months ago. It took about 6 weeks to get to us and when we finally got it, it didn't work. We worked with the MCE support and tried all of their suggestions, but it just wouldn't work. They finally told us to return it for an exchange or refund, which WE had to pay for. We did that and never heard from them. Finally about 2 months after sending it back to them (and a few ignored emails later) they emailed us and said they never received the DVD player we returned. We emailed them 3 more times demanding a refund and they still have yet to respond (it has been over a month). We wasted $200 on the product and shipping and sadly it seems we will never get a refund.

Cm

Comments

• Ks
      24th of Dec, 2008

I ordered a Blu-Ray burner from them in September. After a few weeks I called them (and emailed which they NEVER replied to). They said some BS about putting me on a priority list for the item when it came through. Its now DECEMBER. I cancelled the order in November and asked for a refund. NOTHING. I called again, asked for it again (seems it never went through the system). The guy says it'll be refunded in 1-2 days. I call a week later! Nothing. Same guy on the phone says it should've happened. These guys charged me $500 in September for a product they NEVER shipped. When I want the refund - I get more BS. I filed a complaint with the BBB - which they rate an F on, btw. Seems this happens a lot. I want to file criminal charges of fraud on these guys, but am willing to back off if they just refund my money. Beware of this company.