Mcdonalds / rude employees and manager/ horrible service

1 4625 Fairmont Pky 77504-3311Pasadena, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (281) 487-5877

About a month ago, my mother and I went to this McDonald's one morning after she came home from work. When we went in and ordered from the counter, my mother asked the cashier, who barley spoke a word of english, what was on their breakfast burrito the McSkillet . The cashier told her eggs, sausage and cheese. So my mother and I both ordered the McSkillet breakfast combo. When our order was ready, I went up to the counter and got the tray and sat back down with my mother. When my mother unwrapped the McSkillet burritos she saw it has onions and peppers on it. She told me she was not able to eat it because of the peppers. So while I ate mine she went back up to ask for a sausage McMuffin instead of the burrito. When she came back and sat down she was very upset, on the verge of crying. I ask her what happened and she told me when she told the cashier, who served us about the peppers on the burrito, the cashier said she should of ordered something else. My mom told her that she had asked her what was on it and the cashier had told her only eggs, sausage and cheese. The cashier told my mom that she should have looked up at the menu and seen what was on it in the picture. Mind you its about 3ft back and 6ft up from the front counter and my mom's legally blind. So after the cashier gave my mother an attitude my mother asked to speak to the manager. The manager told my mother the same thing the cashier told her, and when my mom told her that she was not able to tell what was on the burrito based on the picture, the manager, Sharon, gave her an attitude as well. Then the manager stopped the cashier from throwing my mom's burrito away, telling her not to waste it, when it already had a bite out of it. The worst part was they yelled at her infront of a line of customers that were behind my mom waiting to order and a room full of customers that were sitting there eating, and when we called the main office and complained, they didn't call us back for a week. My mom had to call them back and all they did was tell the manager and cashiers to explain the menu better. We will NEVER eat here again. I suggest no one else in Pasadena eats here either.

Comments

1st of Jun, 2008

Went Store 4616 and I had to wait all most 30 min just to place my order. This is bad service!

• Bi
      2nd of Jul, 2008

This would never have happened if you weren't so lazy. Next time make some real food at home.

• Wh
      10th of May, 2009

Who cares if they had an attitude with you, maybe you were the one with the attitude. As for enforcing their policy in front of other customers, good for them, you got what you deserved. McDonald s doesn't need customers like you that complain about stupid things like that anyways.

3rd of Jun, 2009

Because if I ever got an attitude with someone while I was on the clock, working, I'd lose my job. That's a great way to get fired or even written up. I've seen it happen to other people I've worked with. I would never have treated a customer that way. I would have apologized and given them the replacement meal they asked for. That's how your trained to handle customer complaints. They weren't enforcing their policy. You don't tell a customer they're wrong, when obviously they can't tell from a picture what's on a burrito, and then give them an attitude, especially infront of other people. And then for the manager to tell the cashier not to throw out a burrito, that has a bite in it, is disgusting, and I'm sure against any health codes they are required to follow. The fact is we don't need incompetent people working in our restaurants, or leaving messages about a situation, where clearly we, not the McDonald's was in the right. Is everyone in Sweden that ignorant to customers and the standard procedures of restaurants?

9th of Jun, 2010

UPDATE: THE [censor] MANAGER WHO GAVE ME [censor] OVER THE BREAKFAST BURRITOS IS NO LONGER WORKING AT THIS LOCATION. APPARENTLY SHE PISSED OFF ANOTHER CUSTOMER AND THAT CUSTOMER THREATENED TO DRAG HER OUTSIDE INTO THE PARKING LOT AND BEAT HER [censor]. SO THE MANAGER WAS FIRED. LOOKS LIKE KARMA WAS A BIGGER [censor] THEN THE MANAGER AT THIS LOCATION. LMFAO!!! XD

• Li
      9th of Jun, 2010

Considering by the pictures you posted with your "complaint", I seriously doubt the story you told is true. You obviously are someone who does not like McDonalds and thought by making up some lie you will get others to stop going. If you really are a McDonalds customer, there would be no reason for you to attach the pictures you did.

9th of Jun, 2010

First of all, you don't know me and secondly, my story is true. I think it's really amusing for you to sit there and talk [censor] like you know for sure, when you obviously don't, and those pics were posted on photobucket. I choose to include them in my post, because I am pissed about the way McDonald's treats it's customers and employees. I used to work at this same location and I quit because of the same manager's attitude. This complaint is just further proof, why the [censor] got fired. She deserved it. I'm glad she's not working there, and I hope that this restaurant and any other restaurant that chooses to treat it's employees and customers like this gets shut down. I've seen other places I've worked at (where they treated employees like [censor]) that are no longer open, just vacant buildings sitting there, and as I drive past them, it makes me smile. I never had any issue with McDonald's or anywhere else I've eaten at, until I actually worked at some of them, and now I see why people hate them. [censor] management + rude customers + crappy pay = job from hell. Thanks for responding and further proving how ignorant some people in the world are.

9th of Jun, 2010

Really? Um first off, I worked for McDonald's in 2002, the breakfast burrito wasn't even on the menu at the time, and a burrito isn't a sandwich. Are you really that stupid? Please think of an intelligent argument before you, or anyone else who wishes to respond, waste my time, the next time you have something to say. Now go be a [censored] somewhere else. Goodbye.

13th of Jun, 2010

@ Stew Pees Himself I'm ignorant, but your making remarks about me, which aren't even true, and have nothing to do with what actually happened? Whatever you say hypocrite. Speak for yourself. Your a [censor] and you know nothing about me, my family or what actually happened. Talk about ignorant and stupid. It must make you feel high and mighty talking trash on the internet to people you don't know and will never meet huh? Kinda sad and pathetic if you ask me.

That comment for Kevin Richards is also relevant to you Stealth Pilot

• Wl
      13th of Jun, 2010

The pics are so interesting! They make people think twice before buying the junk food at McD.

• Me
      13th of Jun, 2010

@ Kevin Richards It doesn't matter whether she could see what was on the menu or not, you still can't look at a picture of a burrito and tell what's on it, and the cashier neglected to tell my mother that there were peppers on it, which she can't eat, so yea high five idiot.

Kevin is 11 years old, howver from your childish name calling I wonder are you eleven as well?, because adults generally know how to post their views without namecalling. An adult can say his or her point without resulting to name calling, even if he/she disagrees with the person.

13th of Jun, 2010

crying over a burrito? For real?

13th of Jun, 2010

Heather, why didn't you see the peppers. Are you blind too?

13th of Jun, 2010

@ heatherbirdlady Thank you for seeing my point. I don't have issues with the company itself, just this store location and the way they handled the situation. I don't know why people are taking it so personally. Unless they work for them and are upset because they think I'm bad mouthing every McDonald's, which I'm not. I appreciate all of you who see my point, being that I've been on both ends of this problem as a customer and a employee, I try to treat everyone who comes into any restaurant I've worked at, with respect and make sure I don't mess up their orders. To anyone who disagrees please refer to the picture I've posted with this comment. ;-)~

Sorry I meant marebear

• De
      17th of Jul, 2010

I work at McDonalds, and I am just writing on here to make an apology for your rude service. No McDonalds employee should ever be so rude a customer. Do they not know what our motto is? "Serve 'em fast. Serve 'em friendly" Friendly being the key word. I apologize to anyone whose ever had an experience such as this. Employees like that, and especially the manager should not be allowed to be employed. Its horrible when our customers get attitude.. Please accept my apology, gran-it, i was not the one to give it to you, but please accept my apology.

Email me if you have any questions,
    Thank you.
    Deidra

Naraku_luva@yahoo.com

29th of Jun, 2011

I found plastic in my mc muffin

• 12
      30th of Jun, 2011

fake

1st of Jul, 2011

No that is not fake at all I even took it back to them so they could have a talk with their employees.