Mcdonalds / Online Game / scam and cheating!

I have been playing the on line game now for two to three days. At first i thought it was me so i let it go, but the past couple of days... #1- it states that i already used my game piece code number. #2- today i should of won a very high price cash card but when the computer counts the spaces it is skipping where it should of landed instead it gives me the property i already one. So i think this is a very big rip off...

Beware!

Comments

Ib
  19th of Oct, 2007

The exact things happened to me. The number on the dice was not the amount of times it moved. It landed on a property I already had. The dice spun and and I finally got all of the pink and it stopped short without awarding me my 1,000 dollars. RIP OFF.

Kv
  19th of Oct, 2007

I have had the exact same problems, plus more. The way the board rotates while counting spaces distracts you, but when I double checked, I was right: The game piece did move the wrong number of spots, putting me on ones I'd landed on before.

Just now I attempted to enter 8 new codes. I had previously landed on only 8 of 40 possible spaces. Six times I landed on spaces I'd previously landed on, which is statistically next to impossible. I rolled doubles once, so out of 7 rolls I gained one new space. And two of my codes were ripped off from me because the system is so slow it hung up while it was processing my registration. When I tried to re-enter the code that had failed to gain me entry to the game, the game told me it was a used code, even though I'd never gotten through to rolling the dice. Having players enter a code before they register is just a scam to use up our codes. I've never played a game that required me to enter a code before registering before.

This online game is a complete rip and McDonalds needs to be sued over it. Count me in as the lead plaintiff.

Dh
  20th of Oct, 2007

I do not have any evidence for or against the incorrect number of spaces, but if you people would actually read the rules that you agreed to in the first place, you might realize that collecting all properties does not instantly give you the prize. It simply enters you in a DRAWING to win the respective American Express gift card.

Ka
  21st of Oct, 2007

Everyone that has complained so far is completely correct the game cheats it steals a space from you I should won something a long time ago seeing as though own over 50% of the game board the game cheats ad its disgusting .

Ma
  21st of Oct, 2007

It's true this game cheats. There have been a number of times that I counted while the game piece moved and it has been short. Today I should have landed on community chest which would have been a $5.99 free game download and it only went 7 instead of 8 spaces to a property that I had previously landed on and also ate up one of my codes without letting me roll the dice.

Fp
  22nd of Oct, 2007

I also have tried to enter numerous codes. The game freezes upon registration and then tells me I've already used the code. I did manage to win a $19.99 downloadable game, which my son loves, but still. I don't go to McDonalds to spend money only to get a code that wont work.

We
  26th of Oct, 2007

YES THE GAME DOES CHEAT,AT FIRST I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS ME, THEN EVERY TIME BEFORE I ROLLED I MADE SURE EXACTLY HOW MANY SPACES I NEEDED TO WIN, I NEEDED ELEVEN SPACES TO WIN $25,000, I ROLLED AN ELEVEN, IT COUNTED ME FOR TEN, I THINK THAT IT'S ###! AND THEY SHOULD PAY UP! I HAVE SENT THEN EMAILS, THEY WONT ANSWER THEM,MAYBE IF WE GO TO THE NEWS AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN DO TO HELP US, OR SOMETHING? I KNOW THAT THERE IS SOMETHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT THIS FRAUD THAT MCDONALDS IS DOING, I EVEN HAVE WITNESSES.I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER, AND I DO PLAN ON DOING EVERYTHING THAT I CAN TO REDEEM MY PRIZE!

Do
  3rd of Nov, 2007

The game doesn't cheat- it has programming flaws. I see the same game piece showing up in my properties multiple times. I have it accept a code for a property I already have, then it gives me a totally different property. I have it tell me i've already played a piece when that property isn't marked as collected. I have had the website freeze up, and then the next day say I already played the piece when it's not accounted for. I finally spoke to the local macdonald's where I've known the manager for a long time, and they tell me that there are tons of complaints, but just put the stickers on the in-store hand out board and at least you will win when you have all of a set collected- that doesn't require the online part. As others have said, their india based online answers to emails always assumes it's our computers and that they need to be patched. I'm an IT professional and my systems are patched daily. In addition, nothing our computers can do should ever have THEIR database grant us properties that we don't have game pieces for, and vice-versa. It could be that the online database doesn't match what has been printed on the game pieces- that would explain most of *my* problems.

Ha
  26th of Oct, 2009

I started one game on waterworks, rolled an 11 then as the board turned it completely skipped one row and went to the next. (instead of boardwalk it landed on connecticut)