McDonalds / mcdonalds harpurhey

1 Harpurhey District Centre, HarpurheyHarpurhey, England, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0161 203 4015

I want to make a complaint about McDonalds Harpurhey on Rochdale Road.

I worked for McDonalds Harpurhey from Dec 2009 - March 2010.
When i worked there throught out my probatiom period they made me feel so uncumfitable, even the manager Kirsty Williamson! I was only on my probation and coverd loads of shifts aswell did my friend who they dissmissed aswell! we both did 12hour shifts most of the time, and didn't complain once. I was dedicated to my job at McDonalds. And the way they got rid of me and my friend was so unfair they ket us get into our uniform and let us do everything and then say right you are no longer aloud to work here. If you ask me McDonalds Harpurhey is not a good place to work.

Comments

• Dr
      8th of Jul, 2010

I feel that any McDonald's is a terrible place to work.

There are people on my shift that constantly call out because of :

A)They're sick(aka they have a hangover and the managers are OK WITH THIS EXCUSE) or

B)They don't have a ride(when they knew beforehand that they had to work the previous day, so they could have arranged for someone to take them to work)

Some of them don't even bother to call until near the end of the day with their excuses. One girl that was supposed to be at work at 8am didn't even bother to call to say she wasn't coming in until it was 12(she said she was sick)!!! She and others like her, have gotten away with this without being fired or even disciplined. But if I'm even a minute late I get threatened with a write up...And to top it off I have to work several hours over my shift because of these people not showing up(one day 4 people called out), leaving me having to scramble to reschedule any plans I had for that day.

I don't really have a choice but to suck it up until I either find another job or they find some other stupid reason to fire me for a second time. Last time I was fired was just after I got in a wreck...didn't find out till the next day :/

• Ou
      9th of Feb, 2011

This is true with fast food and hiring teenagers in general. The ones who get away with calling in last min, not turning up etc. are usually gormless [censor]ing dweebs who contribute nothing anyway and so aren't noticed or cared about by shift management. in fact, the management probably gets bonuses by making the good ones work twice as harder for the same pay to cover for the absence of others.