McDonaldskristy moloney

i had heard alot about racists people but havent seen any until i went to this mcdonalds in edmonton located at oliver square...if you ever get a chance go there and ask to meet the manager also called Kristy Moloney ...have no idea what her race is and what is wrong with her but the time she started work most of the old people have left most of them said that they were abused by her, didnt got the respect that they deserved and had to work more that 8 hours just so that she can go home early to her boyfriend. Are employee rights more important that anything else?... even if you call the complaint office they wont reply to your call or even answer it if you have had a complaint before. and their head office near the west edmonton mall wouldnt allow you in if they dont know who you are... what would you do if you went to the place and were abused by a racist ...just to get an experience do visit her at Mcdonalds oliver square hope you wont be disappointed

Be

Comments

Jul 23, 2009

Exactly.

• Ga
      Aug 08, 2009

Dear !belay;

I wish that you would repost and give some more details.

You are right, in that some people feel hard done by, and abused there. Most people unfortunately never complain.

I have also heard about people leaving because of Kristy. Now this might be less to do with Kristy, and more to do with the previous manager who (I have heard was really nice).

When people are treated well, they stay and in time wages go up; In my experience with McDonalds, this is something that McDonalds tries to avoid by various methods. Think of it like this, why would you want an expensive employee, when a new one is cheaper, after all, it is only McDonalds, it is cheap, who goes there for the quality?

Yes in time, this attitude leads to a place where people don't care, and only the youngest, most desperate or laziest (Me), people work, churning out over the years a less and less desirable product. Which means that the company must search harder and harder for those poor souls who are desperate enough to stay there; well, only until something better comes along.

Glenn Burley
    Oliver Square McDonalds
    Employee 0016
    (for now)

As for Kristy, she doesn't seem to get close to people. when she builds confidence in herself and opens up a bit, she will probably develop into one of those managers that people want to work hard for; and once she overcomes her shyness, she will be one of the good ones. Unfortunately this is also when she will probably be snapped up by a company with a bit more "heart".

• Me
      Aug 09, 2009

To whom ever wrote this. I am a good friend of Kristy's and you are obviously an angry ex employee who didn't get their way in some small situation who left in a rant. I have worked with Kristy before and am proud to have worked in her patch. I used to work for Oliver Sqaure before being transferred and she is a great person. As someone who works on the salary management team for Edmonton, I understand some people tend to take the way they are managed at a business and take it personally. You have to have people number 1 on your mind correct. But as managers we have to run those businesses and find a balance. And how dare you throw in her face that she wants to leave on time, those of us who are on salary go into working for free past 8 hours and are constantly on call, we do have families and friends and lives. Do you choose to go home when your off? We do as well. Lazy workers who are forced to work, usually find something to accuse the manager of to offset their lazyness. Ie, racism, gender discrimination, age, things like that. If she were to call you a racial slur and bander you to fellow managers or employees, that would be one thing, but what did she "actually" do??? I would like to know, as she is not racist and I believe that with you accusing her of it and not putting a reason, that you might in fact be the rascist one, and because she is white, she is a scapegoat for that accusation. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself before you throw stones in a glass house. How embarrasing.

• Az
      Aug 14, 2009

She has favoritism down to an art. If you are female, you are on her good side. If she likes you, you work the 9-5, if not, you get the graveyard. Leave a shift after you 8 hours of slavery, but have a small duty left unfinshed, beware her wrath... while she thinks a graveyard shift is 11 PM to 3 AM... and the work she does not accomplish because she leaves 4 hours early can be done in the morning by the next manager... but do not do this to her, or you get a 0 of 4 on your review... which makes other managers cranky, and therefore our shifts with these other managers are not too pleasant...

• Ge
      Aug 15, 2009

Kristy is not the one with the problem, it is that skinny white boy manager. Braydon or brandon or something. Go there when he is working and listen to they way he talks to the workers there. I hear him yelling at the employees, and they say nothing. He is rude, arroggent, and he even eats and drinks on the floor. I go to McDonald's often it is close to where I work. Something needs to be done about him because it is apparant he gets away with everything he keeps doing it. One of those workers needs to stand up and go higher up. The employees there don't seem to be taking any action, and I don't understand how they can work with him. They always seem so miserable when he works, and its just a horrible place to go. Why cant they do anything about him?????

• Pi
      Oct 14, 2010

I used to work there, that's why I left, was because of her. The old manager, now he was a nice guy but when Kristy came in, that was the end of it. She wasn't very nice to me and I was a damn good worker. I'm glad she left. I remember a lot of my regulars. A lot of them left because of her. I hope she reads this because maybe she might know who I am!

• Ap
      Jan 04, 2013

DO NOT GO TO THIS LOCATION!

The staff at this location is darn rude with you they don't listen to you
    when you are trying to tell them your order. They constantly screw up your orders. The customer service is just horrible at this location and the staff give you nothing but attitude! Then when you complain to the head office in Toronto it takes them 23 days for them to respond to your complaint and then the person that calls you up gives you more attitude and nothing but excuses as for the reason why it took them 23 days to respond to you and for the problems at the store. This really shows how little McDonald's head office really cares about customer service. I faxed a complaint over to the head office and no one even cared enough to respond to it till 23 days later. The fax was sent to [protected]. Funny I sent the complaint to Toronto and I get a phone call from [protected] from a woman who identified herself as being from McDonald's this is a Vancouver phone number.

McDonald's Restaurants of Canada Limited
    2 McDonald's Place
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    M3C 3L4
    Toronto: [protected]
    Fax: [protected]

Here are their other offices too.

Toronto: [protected]
    Vancouver: [protected]
    Montreal: [protected]

Then this woman I spoke to from Vancouver just gave me more attitude and when I asked to speak to her manager she tried transferring me to Toronto and then hung up on me. Ya real nice company this is. I will never go back to a McDonald's again! This has to be one of the WORST companies I have ever seen!

I personally have had at least 3 problems at this location. This store is horribly run with inept staff and absolutely clueless management it is the blind leading the blind at this location.

• So
      May 30, 2013

I have been eating at McDonald’s for many years now and have never encountered such poor service. I am writing you this letter to inform you of this lack of hygiene.

I went to eat burger at Mac Donald's at Great India Place Noida, Uttar Pradesh on Thursday, 29th March 2012 at around 6:00 to 6:30 PM.

I ordered one Mac spicy chicken, i french fry & one small coke.
    I ate the entire stuff & sipped the entire coke.

To my utter dismay, after sipping the coke, i was trying to look at the ice cubes left inside, it was shocking to see a dead insect similar to cockroach was lying over the ice cubes.

I felt so bad to see the insect inside, it was so unhealthy even if you feel, that you sip/finish the drink, then you get to see the dead cockroach, had i not opened the cover of the glass, i would have never come to know about it.

I spoke to the manager & wrote a complaint(my name can be matched from the complaint letter)to take a strong action against the hygiene department if any, this was the first time when i gave such a feedback to any of the outlet /product i have been to.

I do not know, whether it would progress to the right members or not, as i even did not take the receipt number /photo to keep that as an evidence.

I asked the manager's name, whose name was Rishabh as told, he assured me that i will get a call/email with in a week from his manager about the worst experience.

I am hoping that i will get a call, i doubt they might manipulate my written complaint or might tear the paper itself, that is why i intend to let people know here, also they should see the items before even tasting it, i lost my trust over Mac Donald's, especially for this outlet.

It will be a while before I will attempt to eat at your location again. I hope you will be able to resolve these lack-of-hygiene issues, so others will not have to go through the frustration and disappointment I had to endure

I am lucky that i have not fallen ill till now & able to write this.
    I urge you to take strong action & let me know the proceedings.

Sourish

• Ji
      Oct 08, 2014

Well we went to the McDonald's at 16725 Stony plain Rd in Edmonton AB this is not the first time they have messed up our orders we are allergic to onions so every time we order we say NO ONIONS they put no onions on the receipt but still put the onions on the burgers. I talked to the manager of the store on Oct 8 20114 and explained the issue he said come in. Well when the wife went in with the receipt prove that they messed up the manager gave my wife attitude. Telling her if you have so many problems with our store why do you keep coming back here. And many other things to boot. What customer service there they do not care if you are allergic to things or not I personally am not ending it here I will fight this right to the end it is our money that is being spent on this food.. How dare them put customers through this if I do not get a call back asap or i do not get any good feedback from these owners it will go further i refused to be ripped off by these people this manger better not be employed as a manger they have NO SKILL FOR CUSTOMERS maybe it's time for them to be treated like they treat us and see how they like it. Like i said this is not the first time like this it has been many times.

• Ni
      Jun 29, 2015

I just dropped by the mcdonald's at oliver square june 29 around 10pm and i was so disappointed that the crew just spilled my juice and accidentally dunked his hand on it and didn't even bother changing it. Our order doesn't have a napkins, ketchup and straw. YOU GOTTA TEACH YOUR STAFF NOT TO RUSH THINGS CAUSE COSTUMERS ARE COSTUMERS.

• Sh
      Dec 15, 2016

I was just wondering how one of your stores can be labeled a 24 hour store with the signage on the building and yet be all closed up by midnight or one o'clock with the garbage cans in the drive through when I go by it every night since the store was open and I am in the area anyways for work, I've seen lots of other people have to back out of the drive through because of them been closed the store in question is on tamarack way in Edmonton alberta it is possibly be a franchise don't know for sure I just thought you would like to know about it. Thank you Darcy Schulz