McDonalds / terrible everything

First before you judge me. Let me tell you one thing. I used to work for Mcdonalds.

Here is my story. I at a hospital as a registered nurse. Your restaurant is five miles from my work place. During my lunch break I found out that I forgot to take my fork along. I went across the street to ask for a fork. I have forgotten to pack my fork a few times and there was no problem. This time however I was told that they charge 3 cents for a fork. I asked them why there was a charge they said that they were told that they were no longer allowed to give out forks for free. I told them this is ridiculous. I asked them if they would charge 3 cents extra if I ordered a salad. They said that the forks were for customers only and that they come with salads and if I ordered food from them that they would give me a fork if it comes with the food. At the most they would give me a fork to eat fries. Why should I waste money on them when I already have my own food at work. I want to know why I am being discriminated against. Why should only salad eaters get forks. I kept telling them how wrong and ridiculous they were being. I used to work at Mcdonalds and they make billions a year why should the charge me for a fork. They would not give in to me until I argued with them. Finally I asked to speak to a manager. He too was being ridiculous and refused to give me a fork. Because of your ridiculous employees I had to rush to finish my food and could not enjoy my meal. I had heated it in the microwave and it got cold by the time I reached my work place. My food was cold and rushed. This incident happened last Wednesday.

Today again I forgot my fork and drove over to their restaurant. Not wanting to deal with low paid idiots again and having to rush my lunch I paid the three cents they asked for.

Here is what you should do to make me satisfied. First of all at $4 a gallon for gas I feel that I should get a gift card for the gas I wasted going to and from your restaurant (two trips back and forth, Wednesday September 10th and Tuedsay September 16th. I would also like the three cents for the fork back because it is ridiculous for them to charge for forks. Finally it would not hurt you to give me free coupons to tempt me to go back to your restaurant.

I am a registered nurse and I feel that I am being discriminated against because of my job because these minimum waged employees are jealous of my successful life.

Va

Comments

• Ji
      18th of Sep, 2008

Think highly of yourself much?

• Wo
      18th of Sep, 2008

Wow, that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. If you are so high up on the career totem pole, 3 cents shouldnt bother you. I agree with McDonalds. Why should they be your personal provider of utensils when you do not buy anything? If you owned a business and many people each day asked for something that YOU as the owneer paid for, and they arent a paying customer, Id like to hear your reaction. Weren't you getting them from that restaurant before? Are they all of a sudden jealous of you? or is it because too many people were asking for free stuff? For someone who claims to be so high and mighty you sure are ignorant

• Le
      18th of Sep, 2008

Everybody at McDonalds is against you because you're a nurse and they flip burgers. Since you're so much better than the people at McDonalds, why dont you purchase a box of disposable forks and leave them in your locker, car, purse, etc?

I'd discriminate against you just for being stupid.

18th of Sep, 2008

I am a general practioner (MD) and certainly make a lot more than you. That being said you sound like at most a nurse practioner. I wouldn't even allow you to blow me. Who do you think you are, picking on people?

• Sc
      28th of Sep, 2008

why should they have to give you a fork every time you forget to bring one to work??
    why do you say they should have to pay for the petrol you used to get there, they didnt force you to drive there.
    "these minimum waged employees are jealous of my successful life." sounds successful if your complaining about 3 cents

• Va
      21st of Oct, 2008

I waited in line for over 30 minutes at the Miramichi NB McDonalds, and still never got my order taken, and when I finally gave up, over 20 people walked out before me, and after I left many followed. Needless to say my 3 children were very upset, because they wanted McDonalds, but luckily there was a Burger King near by. For any business to look negatively upon any comments would be ashame, because this establishment has over 30 to 40 people walking out within 5 minutes because of bad service. Do not know whether it was because of bad training, or bad management control, or the inability to multitask, but it is definitely the problem of management and the ownership of the franchise. It shouldn't take longer than 10 to 15 minutes to take someones order, over 30 and the staff standing there laughing about problems is not an excuse.

24th of Oct, 2008

Dear McDonalds.
    I would like to complain because I ordered a Sausage Muffin and the man who cooked it and gave it to me burned it, and last week I ordered the same sandwhich with egg well done and no cheese they put double check and when I came home my sandwhich was not what I ordered. Everytime I order they always mess up my sandwhich, so what I would suggest is that you hire people or tell the people that is working there to pay more attention on the job and of the customers.
    Maria Mckune from Ridgecrest, CA.

• Dy
      15th of Dec, 2008

I LIKE MCDONALDS FOOD BUT LAST NITE I GOT A RAW BURGER IM SO PISSED! I BOUGHT A QUARTER POUNDER MEAL I BIT INTO IT FROM THE TASTE I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WITH IT ! I WENT TO THE DRIVE UP WINDOW SO I WAITED TO EAT WHEN I GOT HOME SO HUNGRY I CALLED THE MANAGER HE DIDNT GIVE A ###! HE SAID BRING IT BACK TOMAROW! I TOLD HIM TO GO STRIGHT TO HELL! IM HUNGRY NOW! ### TOMAROW YA HEARD!!! ### MCDONALDS!!!### MCDONALDS!!!

• Cc
      7th of Feb, 2009

LOL. You have no right to the utensils there unless you're a paying customer. In fact, you really have no right to be there, use the facilities, etc. I work at a community college - really low profit margin on our food services - they do the same thing. I have no problem paying if required - but I make a real effort to not throw my disposable utensils away until they break. I usually get a couple months out of em. And my plastic bento box I often take to work with lunch in it comes with a little fork and spoon stored in the lid.

Nothing's free. Well, maybe in a welfare mentality OR on overblow sense of self worth where you think by your position, physical appearance, or station in life you deserve free perks...

I'm college educated, make a good wage, and I don't expect 'something for nothing'. I'm far from a 'granola girl', but I cart my own coffee cup to the local cafe, keep utensils in my desk, and remind myself that low paying jobs suck and be thankful for what I have.

Complaining is a right... but anymore, people lessen the value and power of speaking up by nitpicking on useless unnecessary crap like this. If you can't be mildly enviromentally aware and reuse, go to Costco (surely you can afford it) and by a gross of forks and leave them in your car or at your work station... Geez...

• Oh
      25th of Jan, 2011

So you cant find a fork within the hospital you say you work at and will drive 5 miles down the road to the McDonals for a plastic fork. You deserve to be charged twice the a mount for that fork. What an idiot.