Mcdonalds / dress code for managers

I went to McDonalds in Newport New, VA this moring (11/17/07) @ 9:31am store #24707 located @ 12705 Jefferson Avenue. The store manager got out of a car not prepared for work. She was fixing her tie and her shirt was hanging outside of her pants. She came into the restaurant and did not wash her hands. She went behind the counter and then she proceded to gtive the customers their food, still not washing her hands. This was not sanitary. Workers need to wash their hands when they are coming in from outside and from using the restroom. I called the store and asked to speak to the manager. A woman got on the pohne. I explained the incident to her. Her response to me was "Okay". She didn't apologize nor did she say she'll take care of the situation.

I would appreciate a call acknowledging that my complaint has been received and that there will be action taken.

Comments

Bi
  7th of Feb, 2008

Only losers eat at McDonald's

Da
  15th of Feb, 2008

give over ok ... if the manager has not clocked into work yet then she can look watever state she can,,,,, becasue she hasnt started work yet

Br
  12th of May, 2008

if that is what bothers you in life then you need some therapy, its f@#&ing McDonalds!

Na
  27th of Jun, 2008

I just went to a McDonald's drive through to ask for service. The restaurant is closed, but the drive through is open... you know the kind. They refused to serve me because I wasn't in a vehicle. Apparently there are no walk throughs. So, If I came on a bicycle or a motorcycle, they wouldn't serve me either? Instead of telling me so in a timely manner, they were ever so kind to allow me to stand there for between 5 to 10 mins, until another customer in a car behind me asked me to get out of the way so that he could be served. I don not have a car. I do not have a van. Would a bicycle have been considered a vehicle? Isn't this some sort of discrimination? Would they like to buy me what they consider a suitable vehicle for a drive through? Aren't I fortunate that there is a pizza chain beside it which closes at 2pm. So for all of you hungry customers who do not own a "vehicle" and cannot use the drive through at a McDonalds, perhaps find out if your local mcDonalds does walk throughs. By the way, this happened in Toronto Canada, on Finch Ave.W, between J street and D ave.

Za
  4th of Apr, 2018

@Nancy Jones I work at a McDonald's first of all that time wait was because when a car pulls up there is a ding on the headset that allows the order taker to place an order a person is not big enough to trip the sensor also it is against McDonald policy to have anyone walk up to the windows because of fear of robbing.

St
  3rd of Aug, 2008

This is more of a response to Nancy then anything... I just recently started working at Mcdonald's and I'm pretty sure they would have served you had you been on a bicycle or something of that sort. Though, because it's called a 'drive-thru', we aren't allowed to serve customers who just walk up to the building. Any other sort of transportation, I think, should be fine. I guess if this offends you, then you did say that there was a pizza place you can eat at.

Ce
  26th of Oct, 2008

McDonalds Sewells Point Road, Ms. Herrick one of the first Assistant Manager continues to harrass me about my age, what the H is her F problem, I want to know if she is bipolar, I know she is very very jealous of my accuracy and relationship with customers that she has to find a way to pick at me when she is on duty, Praise the lord, I have the patience to know that I want to have a career here and igonarant people does not interest me at all, one must always remember in one of the first training class remember that "LITTLE PEOPLE SPEAKS ABOUT NOTHING" it will take you a long way don't let anyone make you quit unless you want to, and also there are other ways one can go about making a complain.

The Manager has too much favortism for example the male works in drive thru makes $7.25 for doing nothing his position there is really not needed (talk about looking out for my people) I work my B off and will not get a raise she knows that there is a little word that is called (TIME)

Ma
  19th of Apr, 2009

If you got time to complain about someones shirt hanging out, you need to get a life... and some therapy while you are at it. Because the problem is YOURS !