McDonalds / I got a food poisoning eating their food

On or about June 21, I stopped and got my daughter a Happy Meal from Mcdonald on Skibo/Morganton in Fayetteville, NC. After driving for a few minutes. I told my child to give me the milk so I can open it. She had already drunk the majority of the milk. I asked how did she open it, she said it was open. I then stopped to check and there was not a seal on the milk at all. I said a prayer over her and waited to see if anything happened. By 1 or 2 am she was vomitting everywhere, consistently. I took her to the doctor, who agree that she had been food poisoned. I contacted Mcdonald and was told the manager was in a meeting and then hung up on. I went to the store. I talked to a supervisor who seemed like the only person to care. She went to get the manager and was sent out with a number to give me. I told her that was not good enough and I wanted to speak to the manager. The manager finally came out and I realized when I pulled up, the manager was standing outside laughing and giggling with a person outside. She didn't want to tell me who the owner was or be helpful. I finally got a phone number out of her to corporate. I proceeded to call corporate and was basically ignored for a two weeks after speaking to Jorge who seem all too concerned. NOT. on July 27th after sending my daughter doctor papers 2 wks prior, I was offered free food for my inconveniences at any McDonalds in North Carolina. What kind of compensation is this? Who's going to compensate me for my daughters pain and suffering, for my doctor visit, for the daycare time that I still had to pay for even though my child was home sick, for the time I took off work due to this situation, and for the rude service from the majority of McDonalds workers. If I had went in that store and was treated like I was someone, then I would have settled for some coupons and reimbursement of doctor bills. McDonald's need to work on their people skills. Have anyone else been food poisoned by mcDonalds and treated like it was nothing?

Ug

Comments

• Va
      29th of Jan, 2007
    Mcdonald's - Kansas City, Ks - I will never go back to that restaurant!

I recently visited one of your restaurants located on State Avenue In Kansas City Ks. I have never been treated so poorly from any of your restaurants.

I have visited a lot in my time.

All employees were either black or hispanic. I have no problem with that, but when you have your order taken you would like to get it. I ordered a Big Deluxe Breakfast. The cashier never asked if I would like a drink. It was 9:45 A.M. when I ordered this. I waited 10 minutes at the counter for my ordered. During that time there must have been at least 25 blacks and or hispanics come in. They placed their order and received it in a very timely manner. At the 10 minute point the manager just happen to come by, I told him what I order ,how long ago, and that I would like my money back. The manager Made no attempt to make it up to me. Never asked me anything just reached into the money drawer and gave back my money.

In my personal opinion about that restaurant is. If you are not black or Hispanic do not go there. You will never get your order of food. Yes I am white and I try to treat all man kind the same.

I will never go back to that restaurant and I will tell other people about the incident.

MacDaddy

• Fa
      5th of Aug, 2018

@Valerie I was Food Poisoned and the people where I stay had locked me in Carotene.

Everyone here at Palm Terrace ALF Tampa, Fl 33617 thought I was among the others who had some sort of a Flue or Bug. I got sick from the Double Quarter Ponder from the MacDonald's on Fowler and 56 which is the most disgusting one ever!

No one should go to a Restaurant and end up sick from their food.

Now, they have the Hot to Fresh Order Food.

Why did we all have to wait this long to get proper food?

• Fa
      5th of Aug, 2018

@Farid 2021 I meant to say Double Quarter Ponder with Cheese!

Sorry, My Bad.

• De
      1st of Jun, 2007
    McDonalds - Order consistently short

I visit the McDonalds in Pittsburg, Ca on Bailey Road frequently. Each and every time I have ordered the Asian Chicken Salad they never put the almonds in the bag until I check and ask them where they are. Two times the staff did not know what I was talking about because they didn't know English. The drive through has a window that is suppose to display the confirmed order & price. It does not display either. The staff, in other locations, tells you the total before reaching the collection window. This did not happen. The price varies from $4.83 to $5.19... go figure. Today was $5.19. There was mostly iceberg lettuce (over 80%) which has not been usual for this salad. There were no bell peppers and the sliced carrots were two pieces the size of a nickel and thinner than siran wrap! The chunks of iceberg lettuce where so big that they resembled 1/4 to 1/8 of the whole head of lettuce (again unusual for this salad). Had I not visited other locations as well and found them consistently the same, I would have nothing to compare this to. Whoever cares about this location should make an effort to correct some of these issues!

• Ti
      29th of Jul, 2007

Wow, aren't you overly literate over something as simple as a SALAD. 80%, 1/4, 1/8, size of a nickel. Food comes in different shapes and sizes every time you order it. Deal with it.

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2007

Exactly, maybe you should look at your salad b4 leaving, it may help you out in the future and most places have a board that lists prices.

• Bu
      18th of Oct, 2007
    McDonalds - Running out of Food!!
    Canada

My spouse decided to stop at the McDonalds on Broadway and Granville Street in Vancouver, BC tonight to grab us something to eat. With it being rainy and all you dont really feel like cooking. So she asked what I would like and I told her that I would like a Big Mac with a large fries and a coke to drink. We're in to playing the whole monopoly thing. I was on the phone with her when she went up to order as she was making sure she got the order right. Right after she ordered my Big Mac the server told her that the McDonalds was out of meat. HOW CAN YOU BE OUT OF MEAT?! so we discussed for a minute what we would like and both decided on the McGrill or whatever its called. By this time i was a little peeved. How can a fast food restaurant be out of meat? Shouldnt they be prepared for something like this? So my spouse ordered the McGrill for us, and as she was ordering I was hollaring out that they should serve it to me in a Big Mac box so that I can get my pieces. no chance of that. if we wanted chicken then we would have to wait close to ten mins. We decided to not eat at mcdonalds after that because there were busses that had to be caught and the rain was coming down harder. How the hell can mcdonalds be so unprepared? If they're such a big franchise serving over a million people a day how do they run out what they are supposed to be serving?

oh and to boot, the website doesnt even offer an email address that you can send complaints in to. There's no way that we can tell them to better their service or anything like that.

• Am
      19th of Jan, 2008
    McDonalds - Lack of service!
    mcdonalds
    westside plaza
    broken hill
    New South Wales
    Australia
    Phone: 80883332

I have been a regular patron of macdonalds cafe since it has opened here in broken hill love the coffee. Yesterday morning at 8.04am my husband had called into the restaurant to buy a coffee & croissant, placed his order waited for 25 mins but didn't receive his coffee & croissant. Then at 12.25pm me and my husband made our way over to the plaza and called in to macdonalds for a coffee, i placed my order got given a number and waited outside for our coffees to arrive 20mins later one of the workers had come outside to give someone else there order by the way come much later than us when we asked where our coffees where the young girl snapped and said that the order had already been taken out, so i asked for my money back and proceeded on my way to go shopping. NOT VERY HAPPY I MIGHT ADD.

• Sh
      1st of Feb, 2008
    McDonalds - Awful food!
    3200 Eldorado Blvd
    McKinney
    Texas
    Phone: 2147260877

I went to McDonalds on January 31, 2008 and purchased the chicken selects and an order of fries. The French fries contained a substance that caused severe abdominal pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, extreme fatigue, comatose sleep. I believe i have acquired a bacterial infection because of it. I've been experiencing extreme pain. This is not the first occurrence with this company. There seems to be either a toxic substance in the salt thats placed on the fries or the oil in which the fries are being cooked.

4th of Feb, 2008

Only losers eat at McDonald's

• Em
      23rd of Mar, 2008
    McDonalds - Everything that goes around the store!
    Mcdonalds
    100 Mendon Road
    Cumberland
    Rhode Island
    Phone: 401-725-9077
    www.McDonalds.com

This message is from the Mcdonalds CREW Employees... we need to know why we don't get enough hours?... there is 3 managers that do our schedules... there is a lot of kids that go to school and need to save for college. Other kids like ME don't have fathers... but need to help our mothers... there is a assistant manager that swears at us and call us ###s and dum ### mother [censored]ers and his name is SHAUN... after this message we do not want the store manager or anyone else to threaten us about who wrote this... if we do... we are still going to complain... we only want one manager to do our schedule not all of them... in that store the assistant manager only depend on people that kiss A*S.

14th of Apr, 2008

You must be getting VERY FAT being a regular patron of McDonald's. Only losers eat at McDonald's.

14th of Apr, 2008

Your grammar is terrible. What are you getting in HIGH SCHOOL English? You won't make it through the college placement tests with your english skills anyway.

21st of Apr, 2008

What has rain got to do with not feeling like cooking? Only lazy slugs eat at McDonald's

13th of May, 2008
    McDonalds - Rude and no service at all
    Mcdonalds
    South Africa

I had gone to eat at Mcdonalds in Parkmore Shopping Mall, Johannesburg, South Africa and waited 30 mins for my order by which I had laid a complaint with the staff for taking so long, I was told "if you dont want to wait then [censored] off" of which I replied I would complain to head office, I was ignored. After 45 mins of waiting I complained again and was told "If you dont like it here then leave" I replied yet again to see the manager and was told that the manager refuses to see me, either I wait or leave. I left horribly disgusted with the situation and I was not the only one, everybody had a bad taste with their non existing service but they just laugh it off, talk to each other and ignore the clients.

14th of Jun, 2008
    McDonalds - Overcharge
    34277 PCH
    Dana Point
    California
    Phone: 949-661-2643

6/14/08 - McDonalds

On their Menu Board they list their Bac, Egg & Ch Biscuit for $2.79. Upon looking at the reciept - they charged $2.99. When I questioned it - they quickly handed me .20 cents . . . . like they knew . . . .

They kept the .02 cents "Eat In Tax" they charged me on the overcharge though . . . .

McDonalds didn't used to give you a receipt . . . . .

I wonder how many others overpaid . . . .

16th of Jun, 2008

Just goes to show you that you can't trust McDonald's.

19th of Jun, 2008

Why would you want to eat that ### anyway?

3rd of Jul, 2008

I believe this to be the worst rip-off by McDonalds to date. It far surpasses anything concerning cold food or poor service. This said location plus another I visited in N.C turned out to be the same. Most everyone orders a value meal at the counter, gets there food, pays the bill, and sits to eat or leaves the drive thru window. Sometime you receive a receipt, sometimes you don't. If you do get one take the time look it over closely and use a calculator. When purchasing a value meal, on the sales slip you are charged for the sandwich and fries for one price and the drink is separate. In every McDonalds the prices for value meals are posted behind the counter. In both restaurant I have visited, I added the two prices on my bill to the price on the board. Not to my surprise they were different. On my bill I was charged 10 cents more for the meal than it was advertised on the board. These were two different restaurants in two different states. How many others do the same, I don't know, but I bet it's more than you think. At 10 cents per value meal sold at each location over the course of a year or longer is a pretty good chunk of change. That's why I think this is the mother of all fast food rip-offs just because no one really thinks to check the receipt, and there all getting taken to the cleaners 10 cents at a time.

• Sh
      3rd of Jul, 2008

I work @ m.d, in louisiana!! The customes can be a pain in the butt, and they are very rude. We have to be nice, and show respect. Drive through is for people who know what they want, we dont have time for "ughs, wait a sec. or i dont know yet" it holds up the line, then to top that off you want it fresh!! So we do it and you complain because it's taking to long!!We try our best to make everyone happy. If u dont like it, go to BK, AND meet the KING!!! I work in rayne, so it's accros the street!! The one thing I hate about working there, is that the manergers have their people picked out!!! Yea!! They are mesy ### hell. It's pretty bad too me. Md dont care about no one but them selfs!! What about the employees?? THEY ARE MESSY ###!! I H8T TO WORK WIT 3 people b.c i cant put up wit all the mess that they say!! But to me, our service is good, and sometimes do all we can to make out customers happy!!

18th of Jul, 2008
    McDonalds - Terrible experience
    7107 Leesburg Pike
    Falls Church
    Virginia
    Phone: 703-538-6324
    mcdonalds.com

So i went to this Mcdonalds like i do all the time and i order a chicken sandwich and fries. When i am asked would i like any sauce i always ask for honey mustard. On this particular night the lady told me that i needed to pay 11 cents extra for the sauce. This was kinda surprising to me because i have all ways been getting it for free. The sign on the window clearly states that all additional condiments are extra. I wasn't getting an additional condiment, i was just getting a regular souse that i thought was free and came with meal. The lady was very rude to me and stated that i could not have it unless i gave her 11 cents. I paid the 11 cents because i didn't want to sit their and argue with that woman.

This McDonald will not receive my business again because of their rudeness, if their is a new policy regarding receiving condiments it needs to be posted somewhere in clear view that you can not get honey mustard sauce unless you pay 11 cents extra.

18th of Jul, 2008

I wouldn't feed McDonald's to my dog