Mcdonalds / poor service!

While at mcdonalds in Lagrangeville ny on 9/30/2007, I was charged a different price then what was on the main menu board. When I asked about this I was told they did not have the new numbers to change the board with. Nothing was done to rectify my bill so I canceled the order and walked out. How many people are being charged the wrong price?

Beware of this cheating place!

Comments

Ca
  1st of Oct, 2007

About McDonalds charging different prices on the register than on the price board, it happened to me in Bend, Oregon. When I was treated badly for inquiring about it, I pressed the issue. They continued to say that they could not refund any money and that the register was out of their control and the employee that changed prices only worked once a week or something like that. I pressed to be charged correctly and was finally told that the owner was on their was and would be there in some amount of minutes. I pulled my disposable camera out of my purse and took a shot of the board prices. The manager came out and adjusted the price on the register and gave me correct change. (Wow, does that mean I was lied to originally about what the register could do?) It is illegal to charge different than posted.

26th of Mar, 2008

I agree totally. The menu says one price with sandwich drink and fries but by the time they seperate them all its over 7.00 most of the time. I HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM STEALING THAT WAY AND THE FACT THAT THE LAST 2 TIMES I WAS NOT GIVEN MY WHOLE ORDER. THE FIRST TIME I CALLED AND THEY SAID COME BACK, I LIVEE 15 MILES FROM THE MCDONALDS AND WHEN I WENT BACK THE NEXT DAY THEY WOULDN'T HONOR THEIR WORD. THEY DID AGAIN TODAY THEY KEPT TWO OF MY BURGEERS AND THEN HUNG UP ON THE PHONE WITH ME AND NOW WON'T ANSWER. THAT IS STEALLING...3 YEARS AGO I BOYCOTED MCDONALDS FOR A WHOLE YEAR ME AND MY WHOLE FAMILY. I AM DOING IT AGAIN...THIS IS RIDICULOUS...

An
  26th of Mar, 2008

bought one of those Mcskillet burritos, i started eating it and i threw up immediately. tainted food in muskogee

Ge
  10th of Apr, 2008

I go to mcdonalds down the street from my house i thought it would be great to have it so close i also work in the food business and were always told the customer is right. Well i eat breakfast there alot well not anymore if you order some thing you should get the whole order and the condements with it like syrup, butter, salt, pepper, even a fork and napkins would be nice. When people purchase food they should get it fresh not old stuff thats left under the heat lamps i hope something will be done about this if i wanted crappy foods i would have went wallmart and bought cheap fryer foods and fried it myself.

Di
  27th of May, 2008

went thru drive thru, did not have any coffee, this is a drive
thru, if we are lucky to get coffee it is cold, and you have to
go back thru. this store is not a very well managed store,
thanks

Th
  8th of Jun, 2008

At 6:45 p.m. SUn.June 08, 2008 I went through the drive through and ordered 20 chicken McNuggets and 2 Large fries. The cashier repeated the order twic and then I drove to the cash window and paid for my order. When I received my order i proceeded home to eat. To my surprise I had 20 McNuggets and 1 L Fry. I tried to contact the store but after three tries it was clear that no one would answer the phone. As the cost of driving back to complain would have added too much to the meal I am writing this complaint.

If there is a problem should it not be settled at the store leave? I guess not as no one answers the phone. Then the question is does anyone care? This is customer service? I think that this store should be visited and the managers set to a slightly higher standard than uncaring idiot.

20th of Jun, 2008

I waited 35 mins for 2 double cheeseburgers, and a small fry. I watch two people ask for their money back in that time. The cashier was going to give my food to a customer that ordered 15mins after me. By the time i got my food, the frys were cold, and the cheese on neither of my burgers was melted what so ever. Full staff in back laughing at customers complaining, and asking for money back. They were pushing old food back out for sale, when it should have been thrown in trash. i will never eat in this mcdonalds again. The worst part is i feel sick now.

Bi
  26th of Jun, 2008

In that time you could have cooked some real food at home.

Na
  27th of Jun, 2008

I just went to a McDonald's drive through to ask for service. The restaurant is closed, but the drive through is open... you know the kind. They refused to serve me because I wasn't in a vehicle. Apparently there are no walk throughs. So, If I came on a bicycle or a motorcycle, they wouldn't serve me either? Instead of telling me so in a timely manner, they were ever so kind to allow me to stand there for between 5 to 10 mins, until another customer in a car behind me asked me to get out of the way so that he could be served. I don not have a car. I do not have a van. Would a bicycle have been considered a vehicle? Isn't this some sort of discrimination? Would they like to buy me what they consider a suitable vehicle for a drive through? Aren't I fortunate that there is a pizza chain beside it which closes at 2pm. So for all of you hungry customers who do not own a "vehicle" and cannot use the drive through at a McDonalds, perhaps find out if your local mcDonalds does walk throughs. By the way, this happened in Toronto Canada, on Finch Ave.W, between J street and D ave.

Bi
  2nd of Jul, 2008

This would never have happened if you weren't so lazy. Cook some real food at home. Only lazy people use the drive thru.

La
  29th of Jul, 2008

I got "punked" by Mickey D's! The other evening I stopped at the McDonald's here in Tumwater, Washington, and purchased a Big Mac. Big Crap was more like it. Unfortunately, I didn't check it before I left. That may be considered "my bad", but then again, I should be able to trust McDonald's to provide the food that I pay for. This thing set me back $3.59 after tax. When I got it home, I found two old, dessicated meat patties, a dried out, limp slice of cheese, two pickle slices, and a quarter sized glob of their "goop." No lettuce, onion, nothing else. This thing had obviously been hanging around under the heat lamps for quite some time. Frankly, I think they did this on purpose. The employees were probably bored, and decided to have a little fun at my expense. They are probably still having a good laugh at what the "old dude" thought when he got home and opened the bag. But the ultimate joke is on them. Even though I've been frequenting them for over 30 years, I'll never step foot in another McDonald's. Oh, and as a followup, I e-mailed a complaint to McDonald's and got a message on my answering machine basically accusing me of making this story up.

Ru
  3rd of Aug, 2008

The same scam happens here in Australia too. A couple of different McDonalds I've been to, have been pulling this scam for months now. The drive thru menu board say's $3.25 for a Large coffee, when you get to next window to pay, they say $3.75???

I said, has the price gone up? (Knowing full well that I already saw $3.25 on the drive thru menu board.) I went inside to the counter and asked to speak to manager. I asked politley, "how much does a large coffee cost through the drive thru?" Believe it or not, he didn't actually know!!? So I told him the price, then a girl who claimed to know... came over and said they are getting a new coffee machine in, so it's a mistake and gave me my 50 cents back. I said but this has been happening for months here and also at the other McDonalds in another suburb.

At the other one you ask for a large then when you go to pay, they call it a 'TALL' and say that will be $3.25. No where on the drive thru menu does it say (TALL COFFEE and it also does not say $3.75??). If you go inside restaurant, the menu board prices are different again as well??

It's as though they only say it's a mistake and give you your overcharged money back, if you actually bother to go inside and question them about it.

Imagine for every two overcharged coffees they make $1.00. How many people must be scammed all day long everyday around the world, the extra revenue they must pull in, must be an enormous amount!!

If it is true that the price increases are for the next coffee machines they claim to be getting in. Then the price increase shouldn't be in the system and be charging the customer way before you actually get that product.

That would be like going through the traffic light 5 minutes before it changed to green and saying "well it's going to change green in 5 mins time anyway, may as well drive through now".

Ru
  3rd of Aug, 2008

(correction - where I say TALL coffeee, I meant to say they say$3.75) not $3.25

Do
  26th of Aug, 2008

today i entered manning sc mcdonalds, the smell was overwelming. i went to the little girl working behind the counter and told her of the smell. as i stood there i noticed that they were mopping the kitchen . that smell was coming from that mop it smelled as if the mop or water was soured. the little girl went to her manager and the manager treated us like we were out of our minds. i told her she don't smell it because she has been in here ...like a person that don't smell their own house. they need to knock this location down and make a new one it is disgusting!

Cr
  3rd of Sep, 2008

I ordered my breakfest inside mcdonalds and asked for the 1 condiment of syrup and was told it would be 27 cents extra

J
  30th of Sep, 2008

theres a mcdonalds in prescott, az at the walmart. this is absolutly the worst mds ive ever been to in my life.(26 years) whenever i go in there, the tables are always dirty, theres always sods all over the place, fries etc. all over the floor. and on top of that their employees look like a bunch of dirty scrubs. old women with long scraggly hair serving my food? wheres the f'in hairnet? you always get a double cheese burger with nasty cold cheese on it, couldnt they do something to melt it? id rather wait an extra 15 seconds for melted cheese then get it instantly with cold cheese. and then if you order it without onions etc and when you get it with onions etc., you go to tell them and they give you a sigh and throw the original one like a football into the garbage. im just wndering what happened to mcdonalds? i used to love going there but as of late ive done everything posssible to avoid going the thus making burger king and taco bell my main fast food restaurants. ive complained to the corporates before and not to my surprise it still remains the same old nasty walmart mcdonalds.

Ma
  30th of Sep, 2008

I went to Mcdonalds in bellwood IL. I ordered a happy meal for my son and told her I wanted a cheese burger and apple juice and a medium fry. she took my order and when i pulled up to the second window after paying . I asked her for ketchup and after i left and was home i looked into the bag and had no ketchup and never recieved my cheese burger I was mad..So I went back and told her and she couldn't do anything about it. so that's the last time i will ever go to mcdonalds.why is that everytime you go to mcdonalds you never get ketchup, salt, or pepper or napkins, why do us the customers all have to ask for what should be in the bag ?

11th of Jan, 2009

I DID HAVE A COMMENT BUT THAY WONT RIGHT IT IN HERE, BADBADBADBADBADBADBADBADBAD FOOD, LERN TO READDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

Vi
  17th of Jan, 2009

mcdonald's is not cheating, it is just that prices change without prior notice, so if ever it has different price, whatever that is in your receipt will be the real price. employee are not rude, maybe you can say that because your request is not done according to you, ..empleyado ako ng mcdo, pero sa tingin ko, ang mga costumer ang may deperanxa, cla ang walang modo no!!! tao lng din kami at nagkakamali, super exchage lng talaga kau magkwento!!! Liars!!

De