Mcdonalds / poor hygene and staff services

1 Ireland Review updated:

To whom it concerns,
As a family we have visited many Mc Donalda all over the world and have never had to make a complaint, While in Dublin yesterday we visited Mc Donalds on O Connel Street.

We ordered 3 meals and tucked in. On finishing his burger my son stated that he had found 2 hairs in it, the first he he had thrown on the floor, the second he returned to the box. I gave out to him for eating the burger as personally I find hair in food quite revolting. I asked him to confirm that they were in the burger and he pulled it out of the box to show me, it was a long hair so definatly didnt belong to him. I couldnt finish my meal as I felt ill on seeing this. I quietly asked a staff member weather or not the people preparing the food were wearing hair nets and explained what had happened, she looked shocked, apologized and took the box away. Some time later a man whom I presum was the manager approached our table and asked if we had a problem, I expained what had happened, He turned to my son and said to him, this is impossible you did not find that hair in ur burger, it does not belong to my staff. I couldnt believe he was accusing a chid of lying. I asked him to explain how the hair got there as the burger was delivered to the table and the only people near it were the person that prepared it and my son whom has short hair. He turned to me and said the staff al had their hair covered and it was not possible. He offered to replace the burger which wasnt much use to us then walked away with no apology. I couldnt believe it how rude and my son was upset because he felt he was accused of lying. The lady I first spoke to actually came over again to apologize and I thanked her for doing so she was very polite unlike the manager.
On leaving we looked into the kitchen to see that only one member of staff had a hair net on and this girl had all her hair up in a bun under a hat with the bun in a net, the rest were wearing hats but had hair sticking out on both sides over their ears so it was quite easy for the hair to get there.
I was disgusted and very dissappointed by the way we were treated

De

Comments

• Ki
      3rd of Apr, 2009

we went to india, we stop at McDonalds on the way from Delhi to Punjab on the 1st of March 09 at about 19.03, we went in order the food, then went to the toilets, which were really bad, water everywere, paper and the smell was really bad as we have before they were all clean, but the time it was really bad, as i one of my friend was sick, so was i. please do something about, as McDonalds name is going down and i would like the feed back please.