Mcdonalds / service and orders

1 rhuddlan roadabergele, Wales, Clwyd, United Kingdom Review updated:

i have been 2 mcdonalds in abergele once a week for the past 5 weeks and everytime they heve screwed my order. the one time I was a burger short but I hadnt realised untill I got home. I am very dissappointed as I look forward 2 my mc chicken burger or lengends and I wouldnt mind if it was now and then but if it aint the burgers wrong its the drinks.. I keep going back just in case it gets better but it isnt happening. yours sincerly a gutted customer miss susan brown sueeyes@googlemail.com

Su

Comments

• Cm
      26th of Sep, 2008

I went through the Mesa, AZ McDonald's locted at 358 E. University Drive about 9 a.m. and ordered two Value Meals - a #1 meal with a small decaf coffee and a #2 meal with a small coke. Not realizing the breakfast Value Meal does include a soda beverage, I was surprised when the cashier charged more than the Value Meal pricing (Total: $9.31).

At the second window, I asked the server about the menu prices and was informed that coke is not included in the meal. (BTW, a different McD's HAD included the coke in the #2 VM price the previous day.) Before receiving the food, I asked the server to exchange the coke for a small coffee, which she did, but then she would not adjust the bill for the exchange (80 cents). The total should have been $8.51 ($4.19, #1 with small coffee, and $3.69 for #2 with small coffee. Add tax of .63, the total comes to $8.51, NOT $9.31.) Andy, the shift manager, also refused to return the 80 cents.

Not only was the shift manager stubborn and unpleasant, but I left wondering if other customers were being overcharged as well.

This incident isn't about a mere 80 cents. It's about honesty, fairness, and value; it's about charging the prices posted on the menu and about dealing honestly with customers.

I'm reminded of an old adage, "If someone makes a fool of you the first time, it's his fault; if he makes a fool of you a second time, it's your fault." Maybe it's time to stop patronizing McDonald's...

• Cm
      26th of Sep, 2008

Oops, I meant to write that the Value Meal does NOT include a soda beverage; therefore, the extra cost added to the meal.

• Jy
      24th of Mar, 2009

I totaly agree, I now make them wait while I open the bag and check my order is all there and there is normally something missing. I dont understand how they can keep getting it wrong, they have a big screen that tells them what to put in the bag.
    I will also order an item and it will have been missed off the bill, so it makes me look stupid like I havent ordered it when I know I definately did. It would help if they read back your order to you as 99% of the time they dont issue you with a receipt.