Mccormick / Animal Hospital / Dirty facility!

1 8260 McCormick blvd.Skokie, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 847-676-2444

My 5yr.old cat had pain in his back leg. I took him to this animal hospital that I have used now for about 23yrs. My cat had to spend the day at the vet for antibotic's. The vet said he had to put him to sleep so they could check his leg. I picked the cat up at 5PM that same day.While standing at the desk waiting to pay and get my cat I noticed how filthy it was behind the front desk. The floor was filthy with animal hairball's and dirt everywhere.I paid and took my cat home. In the car on the way home I noticed how very bad my cat smelled. He smelled of feces. I took him in the house and his sister wanted to attack him. He smelled so bad she didn't recognize him.His leg got better, but 2 day's later he has a severe nasal and eye infection I can't seem to get it to go away. We took the cat back to this place for meds and an explanation of why my cat is so bad.They had no explanation. I feel the dr.'s here are good but the facility itself needs a lot od attention.I now am searching for a new vet to take my cat to for help. If there is someone else I should notify please let me know. For a vet this is awful.

Re

Comments

• Ca
      10th of Jan, 2010

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the facility. I brought a stray in for neutering and treatment that required a weeks stay. I was able to visit him every day and I noticed that the boarding area was clean and attendants were monitoring the animals.

I brought my cat in for a shot on Saturday, January 10 and while I was there the staff was right on top of cleaning the reception area and the examining rooms.

• Kt
      2nd of Dec, 2010

The facility is really old. It isn't sparkling new, but I guess for how old the place is, it's fine. Me and my puppy love Dr. Claus, she is the best! I am glad I went there, the other doc is very good too. Hey, I am not taking my puppy to vet for the looks, just their expertese, which these doctors have. Love and compassion too and they spend time with you!!