McCarthyThe service is pathetic at Hatfield and I will never send my car for a service there

1 Review updated:

In April 2009, my car was sent to McCarthy Toyota (Hatfield) to have the brakes checked, car was returned to be told nothing wrong. On [protected], car was returned to McCarthy Toyota (Hatfield) as something had happened to my handbrake and yet again the complaint about the brakes - repair R2291.40. From Aug to Oct I kept saying that the brakes were still a problem. On 210 I called McCarthy Toyota (Hatfield) and spoke to the Service Manager Mr Peter Horn. When I explained to him what my problem was & told him I had driven 2 other vehicles & their brakes were sharp, I was told I must not compare 'Apples with Apples'. He said I must bring the car in during the course of this week and we will go for a drive together but he can assure me that's the way the brakes are & they are still 100%. I wasn't happy with the comments and booked my car in at another dealership - McCarthy Toyota Arcadia for [protected]. The brakes were in fact defective and a further amount of R1936.75 was charged to fix the brakes. When calling Hatfield Branch I was given a long story why these breaks were fixed in April etc. The service is pathetic at Hatfield and I will never send my car for a service there.

Comments

• Da
      Jun 03, 2016
    McCarthy - They will not provide documentation or contracts
    McCarthy

They use tactics that include trying to engage you to argue and then use the same argument against you. This is old school stuff. There really have no negotiating skills. If they did they would probably make reasonable settlements and move on. I wonder if the companies that use these heathens really know what exactly they do.

They try to collect at least 4 times any disputed amount. Just crooks cit Technologies is the company they are representing. They will not provide documentation or contracts.