MBNA Visa Card / 23.99% interest rate - I hate them!

Recently I closed an account with MBNA Visa because they would not lower my interest rate. I had received a 6% apr when I went to the war, but as soon as I was discharged, they raised it to 23.99%!!!!

I was NEVER late or delinquent on that account.

I refinanced my balance with the Navy Federal Credit Union and sent MBNA a check that was slightly more than the balance I owed ($286.43). That was September 11. They told me they would send me a check in '7 to 10 days.'

It is now October 2. No check. I called again. They said they would send me a check in '7 to 10 days' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate them.

Joseph
Silverdale, WA

Comments

19th of Feb, 2009

My balance on my MBNA card was the same in December as in February - in December the interest applied to the balance of the account was approximately £88 and in February the interest applied to the same balance was nearly £180 due to a hike in interest rate of nearly double practially overnight. My monthly payments to try and pay off the balance now are less than the interest charged on the balance and so the card balance keeps going up and up. It's a scam but would take in depth investigation to uncover.