MBNA MasterCard / Travel Insurance

Canada, Ontario, Mississauga Review updated:
I was billed for Travel Insurance, which was never
requested or authorized by me. Spoke to Customer
service rep. about previous paid balance, $500.00 CDN
was charged on my MBNA account without knowledge
since the amount due wasn't itemized with any detail.

I also never revieved any policy number for these
travel insurance policies. Nor did I ever request
or concent to such a service, as claimed by the
sales rep. at MBNA Canada.

I was billed once again, but managed to cancel the
next charge. When I request a refund from
the previous payment, I was told that MBNA does
not process refunds from the previous year. I have
forwarded a written complaint to the ombudsman
in regards to this experiance. I trust this matter
may help other credit card customers.

A  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Yes, I also had a bad experiance with MBNA
I decided to get another credit card through
the bank that I do business with. I will avoid
doing business with MBNA Mastercard.
Thanks for your posting!
N  24th of Mar, 2009 by
I also had travel insurance charged to my MBNA Mastercard that I had not requested. I phoned MBNA and asked them to remove the charge which they did. The agent I spoke with claimed to have no knowledge of this practice. I don't believe this type of activity is legal and I am cancelling my card since I have no idea if charges similar to this will appear on my card again. Fortunately we caught this or MBNA would have gotten away with theft.
A  29th of Jun, 2009 by
I kept receiving these calls from MBNA offering me a travel insurance and asking me if they could send me a package. Those calls were bothering me a lot because I work from home and many times they would call while I was in a conf call and they kept beeping my line. After sometime, and I gave up and agreed in receiving the package, but ONLY because it was FREE. As I didn't need any travel insurance and the package contained a bunch of pages to read, I simply got rid of it by shreading it. A year later I noticed I was charged 151 dollars for that!!!What???? I called them up and was told I had to call them to cancel and because I didn't do that, now I have to pay. The person refused to cancel and said I have to wait until next year for another package in order to call and cancel. Is this stuff legal in Canada? I feel like I've been robbed.