MBNA / They keep calling

My husband doesn't keep a running balance, and MBNA Canada calls at least twice a day, every day to offer him some stupid service. Being a stay-home mom, I'm the one who has to deal with the phone ringing all the time. Finally, I've had enough. Here's how the latest conversation went:

Them: May I speak to (hubby's name), please?

Me: No, he's out of town until the end of the month.

Them: Okay, well it's just a courtesy call on behalf of MBNA Canada. It's not urgent.

Me: Well if it's not urgent then why do you people call more than once a day, every day? It's very annoying. I have a baby at home and every time you call, it wakes him from his naps. Don't you make notes in your files of how often you call a person?

Them: I understand what you're saying, ma'am...

Me: (laughing) No, obviously you don't.

Them: (silence) I'll make a note of it and call back some other time then.

Me: Well hopefully it won't be for awhile since he's not here to take your calls anyway. Save yourself some time and don't bother. *click*

A little rude/short of me? Maybe. I don't care. Will it work? Tomorrow is a new day. And today isn't over yet.

Va

Comments

• St
      30th of Jul, 2008

Hi,
    I was due £2500 on my mbna credit card. two days ago i looked at my account online and it stated i was £1900 in credit so i decided to spend some of it. two days later i went online again to look at my balance and its now saying i am due what i was before (£2500) except a little more because i have spent some of the so called £1900 credit that they said i had. so now im due about £3500. My account said they received payment then a few days later said it was unpiad. they mislead my to think i had credit when i didnt and i was wandering if i can do anything about this as it was there mistake that seems to have cost me big?
    Thanks