MBNA / Harassed, accused me of lying

I cashed in my RRSP's to pay off debts - had 3 deaths in family & lost my job - got behind. MBNA was the only company that would not accept a settlement, so I have been paying $75.00 per pay. Even when I paid the amount agreed upon, I still got AT LEAST 1 call each & every day - sometimes on the weekends as well. Each time, I explained what I was doing to a new person, trying to stay calm and being as nice as I possibly could be. On the other hand, for the most part, I found the people I spoke to at MBNA to be aggressive, argumentative and demeaning. I finally spoke to a man 2 weeks ago by the name of Graham Fox at [protected], ext. 10493. Graham listened to everything I said, and said he was going to submit an arrangement to pay out the existing outstanding amount - $1800.00 - in 3 parts - 3 payments. He said he would email me at work. I waited and waited - no call back, only my daily calls harassing me as usual. I called almost every day & left messages - spoke to different people every day - they said they left email messages for Graham - but still not call back. Finally, last night when I arrived home from work, I received a message from Graham, saying that the settlement had been accepted, and I was to call him back. I called him today from work - saying I had $600.00 - 1/3 of the settlement - and he said he had not agreed to 3 payments - only 1 lump sum of $1800.00. I asked him if he remembered our conversation and he said that he had only agreed upon a settlement of $1800.00 all in one lump sum. I don't like being called a liar, and I am very sick of being harassed. Please please, get back to me..I am very upset about this entire situation, and refuse to be treated less than human. I deal with the public all day, and I would lose my job if I treated people the way I have been treated.

Comments

• Th
      26th of Mar, 2009

This sounds like a typical response from a person who has gotten themself in to financial hardhip and wants to blame anyone else they can. Here is someone who overspent on a credit card and now is complaining about not haveing to pay it all back??? Sure times are "tough, " but only as bad as you set them up to be. Maybe time to have a look in the mirror.

checking on the authenticity of MBNA Visacard No. 4264 2942 0624 6326

• Me
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Well if this is a real card, you're going to have to call and cancel this account and get a new one. Why would you post this on the internet, what makes you think people on a complaints board would help you in authenticating a credit card? This was just a stupid move on your part! If this is a real card, hopefully no one tries to use it to charge stuff!

• Dl
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I think what you need to check is your brain as you just put your card number on the internet.

• De
      29th of May, 2017

@dlakers Your a [censor], of the first order, and you need to check your attitude and look for your humanity.

25th of Aug, 2009

And you sound like an antagonistic ### attacking the victim's misfortunes when he is trying to resolve an issue beyond his control by unethical harassment. Sounds like you work for MBNA or some turnstile collections role, takes a real reptile like you to do that and justify the tyranny.

• Pe
      2nd of Oct, 2009

MBNA and BOA are also vile ambassadors for USA according to their actions in the UK consumer lending market.

• Ij
      5th of Dec, 2009

If one stops paying credit card bills, you would be surprised how long it takes CC companies to get paid...play fair and they will royally shaft you. Play tough and they back off...but I mean really tough, or simply, 'oh, Mr X doesn't live here anymore, goodbye'.

• De
      29th of May, 2017

@ijames1234 Correct, I had the same problem with SallieMae, and I played it really tough, and they backed off.