MB XL Ent / Fraudulent check

United States Review updated:
On 11/3, this company ran an electronically-generated paper check for $34.95 through my account. It cleared overnight on 11/5. The address they printed on it was over three years old. They used a random six-digit check number which of course had no relation to any check number I've ever had. I went straight to my bank and closed my account, and it was soon enough that they were able to simply bounce the transaction. The money has already been returned to my account.

In relaying this information to a friend, I found out that she had the same company do the same thing to her (for $39.99) last week. I use Arvest Bank in Tulsa, OK, and she uses Bank of Oklahoma. When she went to her bank to complain, she was given the impression that she was not the first one to complain. My bank wasn't aware of it, but I made sure to let them know once I found out about my friend's transaction.

If this happens to you, be sure to file a complaint with your state's Attorney General's office, as well as the FTC. You can find your AG at http://www.naag.org/, and the FTC's complaint site is https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/. It's going to take a lot of people doing a lot of complaining to get anything done about this company, so do your part!

Comments

Ja
  7th of Nov, 2008
This exact thing just happened to me on 11-4-08, I did what you suggested and filed complaints with both the Attorney General and the FTC.

I hope this company does not get away with it. What I want to know is how did they get my bank information?
Di
  13th of Jan, 2009
MB XL Ent, Exact same thing here! discovered charge on my card have called these people 6 times in the last month they promised to return the money hut apparently it is a scam because it's been over a month and I have not received the refund and they stopped communicating with me despite repeated emails and of course the phone calls. The charge was for $39.99 and the first two people I spoke with said they did not have that info and who seemed to have it at her fingertips. I too am taking legal action.
Td
  8th of Feb, 2009

MB XL Ent - fraudulent charge
MB XL Ent
Texas

There was a fraudulent electronic check submitted to my bank for $39.99 on 11/3/08 and paid out on 11/4/08. The customer service number listed on the check has been disconnected. I have filed a claim with Bank of America to reverse the charges. Crazy, cowardly shysters!