MB Pink Entertainment / Unauthorized billing

United States Review updated:
While reconciling my checkbook, I noticed an electronic check in the amount of $24.99 which I did not authorize! After multiple days and attempts on the phone (always busy), I finally contacted my bank, Capital One. They, of course, were quite helpful in assisting me in filing a Fraud Report and returning my money. Yet, I wonder how many others have to go through this before the authorities shut these companies down!
Va

Comments

Pe
  7th of Nov, 2008
I JUST HAD THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE. I NEVER HEARD OF THIS COMPANY AND THEN THIS CHECK FOR 24.99 SHOWS UP ON BY BANK STATEMENT.
Br
  10th of Nov, 2008
Just had the same thing happen to me - same company - Pink Home Ent Customer Service. 1-800-875-0930. My amount was $34.99. I've filed a complaint with my bank to have this charge removed.
Ta
  12th of Nov, 2008
same thing just happened to me.. the amount was for 24.99.. and the check showed with my old home address.. which clued me in that something was wrong. i called the # on the check and the person i spoke with was very helpful. however, now i hav eto chang all my banking information as someone has access to my accounts.
Ca
  12th of Nov, 2008
Also, just happened to me, amount was $39.95. Just had to close my checking account and open a new one. What a pain! Have to contact all of electronc fund transfers now and get new checks. Wonder how they got our information?
Ma
  15th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me today (11/15/08) Checked my bank account (Bank of America) this morning a fraudulent check for 39.99 cleared last night - luckily I didn't bounce anything because of it. I have had this account for 25 years, what a pain to have to close and reopen my account! What is scary is that they have my address and bank account number. I have no idea how they got this info!
Ch
  26th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me, I noticed it on my bank statement that came in yesterday. It had my old address which caught my attention. My bank is looking into it, but after searching the internet this has happened to alot of people.
Ro
  30th of Nov, 2008
The same thing just happened to us on 11/26/08. A fraudulent check of $39.99 cleared our account and the check had an address of 8 years ago when we were stationed in Marietta, GA. This is a very serious offense and this company needs to be stopped. I am reporting this to the FTC on Monday and plan to pursue this. Think about all the people they have stolen from. I think we need to file a suit against this company. We just need an attorney to help us get started. I will check into this.

Rose
  1st of Dec, 2008
There's another thread on this site about the same company. I posted there, but here is something else I found out...

Hi, Karrie,
I posted on the Complaints Board site as well. I updated my post, but on the off chance you don't check back, I thought I'd send this to you. Please let me know if this is true for you, as well.

----------
It's come to my attention that possibly the loose link, if you will, came from Mary Kay. I sold Mary Kay a few years ago, and it was under my maiden name. Is that true of anyone else (that you sold Mary Kay)? Please feel free to email me - amvictory@gmail.com

0 minutes ago by Anne [send email]
Update: I'm on the phone with Mary Kay's Legal Department. If you were a member of Mary Kay, I urge you to contact them, as they actually have the size to possibly do something about it. Their legal department's number is:
(972) 687-5777.
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Update: From another site - a lady responded to me and said that she did NOT sell Mary Kay, but sold something else. BUT - she used ProPay to process credit cards for them. I, too, used ProPay to process my Mary Kay sales. So... it's a level further in, possibly.
Ji
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Had $29.95 fraudulently charged to my checking account on 11/26/2008 by MB Pink Home Ent. Service without my knowledge or consent. When called the 1-800 number, was told it was for an "adult Website". The person who answered the phone was helpful and said the website membership would be cancelled and charges reversed "in a couple of days". However, this person "clammed-up" when I tried to confirm the fraudulent address that was on my bank statement (I've never lived in Griffin, GA) and I mentioned taking legal action. I have no idea how these people got my bank account number - but it's very alarming. Am filing a fraud report with my bank and the FTC.
Jo
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Yep, $39.95 right out of the old bank account. Same story as most above. Common link seems to be ProPay. They are a popular processor for many work at home businesses like Mary K and Beauticontrol.
  5th of Dec, 2008

MB Pink Home Ent. Customer Service - Fraudulent Check
Payment Syste

I had an e-check process through my bank for $39.95 Thanksgiving week. The check used my maiden name from 5 years ago, and an address of over 3.5 years old.

I just got off the phone with the FBI regarding this. He advised me to go to

and fill out a report. He also took my information down, so it will be entered into the system. If enough people report this, the FBI will open an investigation.

They *are* very interested in this, they just cannot act without sufficient cause, and $40.00 isn't sufficient. HOWEVER - if they see a pattern, or indication that this is wide-spread, they WILL act. So please take a few moments to fill out a report.

Anne
Ka
  17th of Dec, 2008
I have had the same thing happen to me, but I received an overdraft notice from a bank account I haven't used in 3 years. I as well sold Mary Kay and used ProPay. This is very disturbing that a company like this can get away with this and nothing is being done.