MB Hot Planet Customer Service / MB Planet unauthorized withdrawl

1 Endicott, United States Review updated:
Phone: 6077855973

I found a check written on an account I have that is not used often in the amount of $39.99 to MB Hot Planet Customer Service. I used it for a home business that I had but haven't used it much in a couple years. I cannot find any information on this MB Hot Plantet except that they have done this to numerous people and I have seen no action done to stop it. My bank is dealing with the investigation and I have a pending complaint in to the NYS Attorney General. It was an electronic check with no signature written on a checking account that I haven't written a check on in at least four years. The "bank" should have found it suspicious and not cashed it. It looks like this has been occurring since at least the beginning of November, yet my bank had not been alerted or let it slip by that these frauds were taking place and they still cashed it on 11/28/08. Something is not right here.

Pe

Comments

• Li
      24th of Nov, 2008
    MB Hot Planet Customer Service - Check Fraud - NC

The MB Hot Planet Customer Service hit my bank account 11/19/08 for $29.95. Again, no one answers the phone at 866-572-5111. My bank did refund the amount to my account and told me to close my account.

• Sh
      30th of Nov, 2008
    MB Hot Planet Customer Service - withdrawal of $39.95 with fake check
    MB Hot Planet
    Arizona

Just looked at my online account and I was charged $39.95 for an electronic check or fraudulant check with my name on it but wrong address. The part that has PAY TO THE ORDER OF has "Payment Systems". MB Hot Planet Customer Service 1-866-581-5111, with a reference #. I have never online shopped and do not plan to, but this really opened my eyes. WHERE did they get my account number and HOW THE HELL did they cash my check????? The back of this check has FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK 3020029961103 -->8418002915, then another number above that with 241272118 and under that 241272110296324. Anyone know what's going on here and how we can stop this?

Thanks

• Ju
      1st of Dec, 2008

I too live in AZ and this happen to me. I dont even use this account. I'm Thankful that my bank took care of this.

• Ad
      5th of Dec, 2008

The same thing showed up in my account. A $39.99 charge. I called the # on the check and asked them what it was for and they said they could not say other than it was an internet charge. I told them to remove the charge. They told me it would take 7 - 10 business days. I still find the matter a little odd. I wonder how many people are getting screwed and don't know it. I also wonder if we are all still at liability in the future?

• La
      7th of Dec, 2008

This website (https://www.complaintsboard.com) shows many complaints similar to yours. This same thing happened to my wife just this weekend (12-4-2008). There is a very disturbing trend here: all of the victims are women who are, or have been a Mary Kay Consultant--my wife included. We suspect somebody at Mary Kay, or some in-between person has leaked financial and personal information.

Given the ease in which these fraudulent phone/internet changes occur (all they need is your bank's routing number and your bank account), we STRONGLY suggest that each of you double-check your accounts (especially one used for Mary Kay in any capacity), and close them if possible.

Other complains, most of which are women and/or have been Mary Kay Consultants:

/URL removed/

If you have already been victimized, submit a police report and call _all_ of your bank (esp. those you've EVER used in any way with Mary Kay) immediately. As I understand it, the safest thing to do is to close the old account and open a new one with a different bank account number.

Be Vigilant!

• Ti
      24th of Jan, 2009

I had the same type of check and same Payee for $34.99. I have never been a Mary Kay consultant, but I am a Creative Memories consultant and this is my business account (less than 10-12 transactions per month). I have used Mary Kay, but not with this account. I believe CM and Mary Kay may use the same payment processing (it seems that CM mimics many of the MK business models...including the web sites they use) system, so perhaps this is a hacking/server loss issue. I called the number on the check and they "said" they would reverse the charges, but 8 days later the number is "no longer in service." I will be calling my bank and hopefully they will correct the problem.

Thanks to Complaints Board for allowing me to find out this information!