MB Hot Planet / DEBIT FRAUD

United States Review updated:
On 10-29-2008 MB Hot Planet took it upon themselves to debit my account $29.99. I have never done business with this company nor have I given my bank/routing numbers out to anyone online. Thankfully, I sat down to do my finances on November 1, 2008 and was able get a handle on this before too much time passed. My bank will refund me the money in 2 working days and have frozen my account. It has been very inconvenient and frustrating, but it seems to be taken care of.
Er

Comments

K
  5th of Nov, 2008
My bank e-mailed an overdraft notice to me and since I don't write checks I went on line to see why...an electronic check for $39.99 was drafted from my account from HB HOT PLANET. The bank placed a freeze on my account along with closing the account...just a thought are any of you countrywide customers? Earlier this year I received a letter from them stating that my personal info had been sold...
Ri
  5th of Nov, 2008
I too was a victim, and called the number a female told me I should receive a refund in 7-10 business days, Has anyone actually been refunded by this company????
Ni
  5th of Nov, 2008
We too ran into this problem. I called our bank which looked into as did I. I called MB Hot Planet (866-572-5111) & spoke with the worst ever customer service rep. She was no help at all, no straight answer until I told her I had already spoken with my bank supervisor who reversed the charge & had called Hot Planet herself on our behalf. From there it was easy, Hot Planet confirmed deletion of my file with them, ensuring no recurring charges. However she did state they are a 3rd party billing agency & had no further info to give me. It was unsettling for us, we only use PayPal for online purchases & it's been 2 yrs since either 1 of us wrote a check out. Lucky for us our bank credited our account in 2 days. It's still unknown how they got are bank account & routing numbers.
Te
  14th of Nov, 2008
I, too, fell victim to this company called Hot Planet. I went in online to check on a bank account I haven't used in several months and was shocked to see an overdraft fee charged to me due to an electronic check of $29.99 presented to my account. I called the MB Hot Planet Customer Service number on it and spoke to a Jessie who nicely assured me I will get a refund in 7 - 10 business days. She also said they were just a third party billing agency, but reassured that my account will no longer be charged in the future. Hmmm...we'll see. I will notify my bank and also close this account after I get the refund back. The authorities should be made aware of this fraud, this is serious -- some stranger being able to get a hold of people's bank account #'s and all.
  17th of Nov, 2008
Common criminals is what they are. They used my name and business account without permission or our knowledge and the price has gone up to $39.99. We have never used our bank account on line figure that one out!
Em
  18th of Nov, 2008
This is ###!!! seriously. These people now and days will do anything... Its such a scam...!!! I dont know how they do it.. but they WILL BE STOPPED!! garantee that... I wont stop til its done with.!! I hate to see hard working money go to stupid ### people who takes them away!!! I went to my bank... and they are going to freeze my account. But seriously... these people are ###ing boooogis!!
Eg
  20th of Nov, 2008

MB Hot Planet - Check Fraud
MB Hot Planet

Spoke with Debora (Rep # 027) She told me like everyone else says that they are only a billing company. I was defrauded $39.95 She wouldn't give me any more information and told me if I suspected fraud I must email them at support@mbsupportcenter.com
This is SO OUTRAGEOUS! I can't believe this can happen.
  20th of Nov, 2008
emailing hot planet won't work...these ppl are NOT going to reply..they can't even be bothered answering your questions on the phone!! they are guilty and they are fully aware of it...i, too, was told they are only a billing company and cannot offer any help..WHO can, I asked!! I got nothing but complete aggrivation from these ppl. i was told to open a new acct but let's face it, the same thing can happen. all i want to know is how they got my acct in the first place!
Wa
  21st of Nov, 2008
I was also frauded by this company. Luckily, my bank called me because I keep only a minimal amout of money in this acct. I wonder how they got my acct info as well. I filed a police report and closed my bank acct. What a hassle!!! I also lost 2 hours of wages today as I left work to deal with this matter. I am sorry I feel your pain.
  24th of Nov, 2008
I have also fell victim to MB Hot Planet...I've never even heard of them and this morning noticed that 34.99 was taken out of my savings account..which I never use..how do these people get ahold of all this information and they also used my maiden name instead of my married name...strange!!! I wish these people could be caught!
Ep
  26th of Nov, 2008
Well here is another complaint just like those above. Don't know who these jokers are, but they better stay out of my account. Thankfully, my bank never processed their charge. My debit was for $29.99 for mb hot planet. Never heard of them.
Ri
  30th of Nov, 2008

MB Hot Planet - HUGE SCAM!

Got a comuter printed check debited out of my account for 39.95.I do not print checks with my computer.I havent used that name or address on that check for 10 years. Called MB Hot Planet but no answer. Whoever is behind MB Hot Planet, Im going to rip your eyeballs out of your head with my bare hands when I catch you!
Ro
  30th of Nov, 2008
Same thing just happened to us under MB Pink Entertainment. I think we need to get a class action suit against this company some how. We need to find out where the money is going and who is behind it. It is a federal offense!
Rose
  1st of Dec, 2008
This just happened to me today! I am so angry I can't even tell you @#*!% !!! Did you have to close your checking account and set up a new one? I have to not only do that but change my dirct deposits and everything! Did you find out anything about what this MB Hot Planet is?
Di
  1st of Dec, 2008
Happened to me as well. Had to change everything. Curious as to how they are getting checking numbers. I don't use my checking online. I am SEEKING WITH VEGENCE to find this ###*****!!
Ts
  2nd of Dec, 2008
Had the same thing happen to me! I noticed the $34.95 charge on my checking account yesterday and then this morning I was able to view the "check" that this MB Hot Planet had cashed on my account and it led me to call the toll free number on the check. I was told that my account would be credited. This is all very fishy! I agree...with previous postings...this idiot needs to fry! I have had to change my account as well!!!
J
  3rd of Dec, 2008

MB Hot Planet - unathorized charge
MB Hot Planet

I, too, was charged 39.99 for a "subscription" that I didn't authorize. The account is one I haven't used in over 3 years!!! I had opened it when I was selling Creative Memories Scrapbook supplies. The account had only $11 in it and I never used it but for some reason hadn't gotten around to cancelling it. I am wondering how in the world they got this information-- does anyone know?! Anyway, I called the phone number and was treated very professionally. I was told I'd receive a refund in 10 business days and that the charge was for a subscription to an adult website. I don't traffic those sites and did not subscribe to anything like that. So, I had already closed the account therefore I had to call the bank back and explain what happened-- they have reopened the account but will be watching it and will not authoize outgoing activity. What a hassle. Moreover, I am freaked out by how they got away with this.
De
  4th of Dec, 2008
I am a Detective with the Pitt County Sheriff's Office in North Carolina. I have recently been assigned a similar case where an unauthorized charge was made on my victims bank account. The charge appeared as MB RYCO PICS and the phone number was to M Billing, a third party check processing center. They advised me that they do not have any information about the transaction and that I would have to email customer support with my complaint and request for information. I have been unable to find any information on MB RYCO PICS as a business and am very interested in what is happening here. I can be contacted at dbflynn@pittcountync.gov and my office phone number is (252) 902-2767. If anyone can provide any information about these companies, the websites, any investigative work they have done on their own case I would greatly appreciate it. I may not be able to help you in your case but if I can figure out what is going on I can pass the information to your local Police or Sheriff's Office. Thank you.

Detective Flynn
Computer & Financial Crimes Detective
Pitt County Sheriff's Office
dbflynn@pittcountync.gov
(252) 902-2767
Ne
  10th of Dec, 2008
I noticed a $29.99 check with a five digit check number was posted to my checking account. Fortunately, I'm able to see the scanned checks on-line and the customer service number was printed on the front of it. the check was electronically generated, and contained an old address from three moves ago. I'm a US Bank customer, and have had to close out that account.

I first contacted the 800# printed on the check, and the cs rep I spoke with was kind and helpful, confirmed that they were just a third party billing company and that the charges would be refunded, though I have yet to see it happen. Then I contacted my bank. The fraud specialist I spoke to said this wasn't the first incident of Hot Planet submitting fraudulent charges toward their customers' accounts. There is a hotplanet.com website which appears to be somewhat of a dummy site- the links don't work.

There has to be some common thread to determine where these future felons are obtaining their information. And if this "third party billing company" is a legit company, they should refuse to continue submitting these payments on behalf of Hot Planet. You have to wonder how much their getting away with on accounts where people just aren't checking. These are relatively small amounts of money they're taking, so it might slip by some less astute people.
Ma
  23rd of Dec, 2008
I got charged with today for 39.99, I called the hot planet guys on their 1800 number and since the check was dated Nov 19th and its past 30 days they said they will not refund it. Even my bank ignored me saying they cannot do anything on such kind of transcations. Any advice guys? its $40 bucks.