MB contact / Virus scan hoax money paid

1 30 /37A St Cross RoadWinchester, England, Hampshire, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01962 868 232

I have paid £24.00 for what I thought was a genuine AVG virus protection plan for 12 months. Now I find I've been cheated. Is there anything I can do to get this money off my credit card please?

Comments

4th of Aug, 2008

I also was called by the bank with a $34... charge on my debit card by MB contact. and have no idea what it was for - I might have inquired about something but don't believe I went as far as putting in my debit card number.. anyway I cana find out more about this?

• Al
    England, Kent
    Phone: +441634387879

On the 27th June 2008 I was billed for £25.86 0n my card
    number 5299 0501 8252,
    I have no record of this transaction nor any knowledge of what it was for
    I would not have sanctioned such a purchase on my office computer.
    The only I give my details is for identity purposes and it is
    suggested my details might be used for other purposes
    I immediately exit any site.
    Please can you explain how I have been billed and for what.
    I feel so strongly about this I have subsequenty cancelled
    this card!

• Ph
      11th of Aug, 2008
    REhab Etc., Inc.
    Memphis
    Phone: 901/759-1282

I purchased what I thought was the Adobe Acrobat Writer program but was nothing about Adobe at all! This site is a scam!

• Ia
      19th of Sep, 2008

we bought Nero 8.7 and we are still waiting for the product.

• Ka
      9th of Dec, 2008
    United Kingdom

I too have been taken in by this website. I downloaded a payable version of an Anti-Virus programme. It didn't function and I have received irrelevant responses when requesting a refund.

31st of Dec, 2008

Hi
    I was extremely disappointed with the way I felt misled and taken advantage of by this MB billing system. There was a communication problem in my billing. First, the way they presented their product can be very misleading. I thought I was getting a deal for $11 and before I know it I was being charged $35. So I saw a big promo about saving now for $11 for 3 years. Then I did not get it that it was $11.00 for every year, otherwise, I would have not gotten it. Usually when you buy products online there is a a review of your final bill that you need to approved. If that step was respected I would have noticed that that I was being charged $35.00 instead of $11.00. However, there was not any final approval resuming all the billing information but just a "you will be billed $35". It basically went from Save now for $11.00 in 3 years, to enter your billing information here and magically without any recap to you will be billed $35.00. I did not have the opportunity to stop the transaction. So I contacted them first on the phone and I could not get anyone. So I send them an e-mail they provided me for billing and technical inquiries. This happened on December 23rd and since then I have sent them 3 e-mails to cancel my subscription and request a refund. Up until today, they have replied twice which what look like generic e-mails without even referring to the subject of my inquiry. I have been trying to get a hold of their billing department but I keep getting this voice mail which is already full (while they say they can be reached 24/7; well a lie).. Well I am here to complain about it because on the 12/29 they charged my account.

Sincerely

J.

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2009
    MB contact - payment scam
    MBCONTACT
    United Arab Emirates
    mbcontact.com

I got scammed by this on 25/12/2008. On legitimate Itunes site clicked a link to upgrade to Version 8. Directed to a site which insisted I couldnt upgrade without a paying a fee for membership. Thought it was a bit dodgy, but looked like an Itunes/ Apple site and reckoned there may have been itouch programmes with the upgrade. received no upgrade at all. Later i got the version 8 update for FREE from Itunes. Charged Euro32.86 from this crowd.

• El
      14th of Mar, 2009
    England, Leicestershire
    United Kingdom

Offered free downloads but when you got to the site you had to pay a membership fee. they gave 3 options all with the original prices struck through and a new plower pprice next to it. it was reduced from £24.?? GBP to £7.?? GPB but once you had put all your card details through and submitted it, it said it was taking £33.95GBP! Its then too late to change it and the banks wouldnt cancel it. No response to emails, one came back undeliverable, and one was an automated one.

25th of Apr, 2009

In Jan. 2009 I paid $69.14 for what I believed to be AVG anti-virus software. What I downloaded was a SpySweeper program which never loaded properly. I tried to get tech support from the provided net site with no luck. I removed the software from my computer and contacted MBContact.com telling them I was not going to use the SpySweeper product and asked for a refund. After numerous e-mails to MBContact I still have not received a refund. They were very sneaky in the way they hid their product in what appeared to be an add for AVG software. Was I scammed? Joel Headley

• Am
      30th of Apr, 2009

I have recently bought a 3 year plan to download and watch movies on the internet, and all that I needed to download was Frostwire which i paid $72.80 for and I already have a free Frostwire, And reading all these complaints I think I have been scammed is their any way for me to cancel MBContact taking money out of my credit card Account?