Maytag / washing machine not lasting

1 Windermere, FL, United States

I purchased a Maytag washing machine on 3/17/2014 for $719.99 . It was model number MVWB725BWO; Serial number C40770627. I decided to purchase a Maytag because the prior Maytag washing machine that I owned lasted 26 years. 14 months after purchasing this machine the main bearing for the laundry tub began making a very loud noise. We contacted a repair person. The part was no longer under warranty and the cost of the new part and repair was $600. We were advised that this was a common repair for this machine. The noise continued to increase in volume until the until December 2018 when it totally stopped spinning.

I do not believe that washing machines should only have a four year life. Also, this machine only operated correctly for 14 months.

I have now purchased a Speed Queen and would never purchase or recommend another Maytag product.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2019

Dear Louise Hawthorne:
    Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review.
    Maytag® Social Care