Maytag / washing machine not lasting
I purchased a Maytag washing machine on 3/17/2014 for $719.99 . It was model number MVWB725BWO; Serial number C40770627. I decided to purchase a Maytag because the prior Maytag washing machine that I owned lasted 26 years. 14 months after purchasing this machine the main bearing for the laundry tub began making a very loud noise. We contacted a repair person. The part was no longer under warranty and the cost of the new part and repair was $600. We were advised that this was a common repair for this machine. The noise continued to increase in volume until the until December 2018 when it totally stopped spinning.
I do not believe that washing machines should only have a four year life. Also, this machine only operated correctly for 14 months.
I have now purchased a Speed Queen and would never purchase or recommend another Maytag product.
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jan 14, 2019
Dear Louise Hawthorne:
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your Washer concerns. We would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase, the website that you submitted your inquiry, a brief description of the issue, along with a copy of the review.
Maytag® Social Care
More Maytag Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - maytag top load with agitator
- Maytag Appliance Home Depot - stove
- Maytag - warranty not paid
- Maytag - dishwasher
- Maytag - maytag washing machine