Maytag Washing Machine / lemon, will not work

Annapolis, MD, United States Review updated:

Purchased june of this year, a maytag centennial commercial technology heavy duty washing machine at home depot and it doesn't work. It's a lemon. Called several since its still under warrantee, they never showed up to repair it.
Repair service couldn't find the house, yet home depot found the house, set it up, took the money... Now has left these senior citizens without any washing machine to wash their clothes. Home depot took the cash money, now they don't want to repair the washer that's under warrantee. If you are a senior watch out, all these companies are out to take your money. They are taking advantage of the elderly, especially the seniors that are over 75+ years old. No one wants to help them.

Ge

Comments

• Wp
      28th of Nov, 2011

Hi my name is Kyle and I am a representative of Maytag. I am sorry to learn of the issue you are having with your appliance. If there is anything that I can do please reach out to me via e-mail at Maytag.[protected]@Maytag.com please include your full name, user name, physical address, along with the model and serial number of the appliance you are having concerns with. Please also include what site we contacted you on for our records. Thanks

• Up
      18th of Jun, 2012

LIke others on numerous sites, I too am experiencing similar problems with my Maytag front loading washing machine. Terrible loud noise that sounds like a freight train in my laundry room and now the failure to extract water during the spin cycle. What is more, my complaints are nearly identical to countless others on the sites. Maytag clearly knows about a problem with its machine but then continues to sell it as reliable? Something we should pay good money for? This is unconscionable. It is inappropriate that a company continue to sell a product it knows to be faulty and take no responsibility for it. I expect the machine repaired at no cost and in a timely manner.It is, of course, horribly inconvenient for a family of 5 who desperately needs a washing machine on a daily basis. I am furious and will be until Maytag and/or Warehouse Applliance Discount Center in Agoura Hills, where I bought the machine, makes amends.

21st of Jun, 2012

I am having the same problem and I, too, am furious with Maytag. I will never buy another Maytag appliance again. I have never paid so much for a washing machine, but wanted a quality machine that is built to last and to clean my family's clothes for years. Less than 2 years later, my machine is useless. The bearing has gone out and it will cost me more in parts and labor than the washing machine cost originally. If this is a common problem, then Maytag should repair these poorly made washing machines and not keep making more shoddy products. We, consumers, are not all just going to continue to buy your products when we know that they aren't meant to last more than a year. Ordinary consumers are having a hard time right now paying for expensive appliances that we need and use every day. We want and expect appliances that do what they are supposed to do for years. Selling products that don't work is irresponsible and bad business.

• Ju
      14th of Jul, 2012

I bought my Centennial "Commercial technology" "energy efficient" washing machine from Home Depot in March 2011. It does not spin at all, clothes are completely soaked. Tried every mode, less clothes, wash several time with the same results. Warranty 1 year. Can't call customer service on weekends not open. It disturbing that working people need to lose money during the week to call repair service that only works during the week to fix our very poorly produced washing machines. Have we lost the meaning of customer service, have we become victims to supply and demand tactics. I was told in March 2011 all washing machines are made not to last more than 5 years. But I though Maytag would last longer than the cheaper brands because of the name. HAHA. My last Maytag gave me 9 years at $800, it lasted until Jan 2011, I was told it would cost $400 just for the part to repair just go buy a new one that is less expensive . With this type of return on the dollar it's cheaper to go to the laundry mat.

• Wp
      23rd of Jul, 2012

Hello Justaworkingmom. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard), your user ID name (Justaworkingmom), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Maytag.[protected]@maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.

• Ha
      30th of Sep, 2012

Maytag centennial commercial technology washing machine is a piece of junk.Takes forever to wash.Anything that is the least bit heavy does not rinse well.The machine makes grinding sounds. The gears are messed up, when it is washing the rinse cycle light is on and when it is rinsing the wash light comes on.I am so unhappy with this machine and feel I have wasted money on this machine. This is the second time I will be calling in a repair person and I do not even have the machine 1 year.[protected]@g mail.com

• Pa
      17th of May, 2018

I have ready many apologies from Maytag representatives on various social media websites. Other than apologize for the issues and problems you have with your Maytag appliance, have you had any success in either getting the appliance repaired (in a timely manner) or replaced?