Maytag / washer mvwc555dwo serial # c52244421

1 Benton Harbor, MI, United States Review updated:

This washer has been a piece of junk since the day we bought it, first of all I hate the new technology I would take my 13 year old whirlpool over any of this new junk they are selling. The washer is 2.5 years old they have already replaced the circuit board and the wash plate, 6 months later its broke again they will cover the parts not the labor well the labor is $120 if it stops at the who wants to dump $200 into a washer they can't stand and continues to break when I can buy another one brand new for $399 makes absolutely no sense so keep adding to the landfills with then junk you are producing with no customer service to help you get into something that actually works. Whirlpool was a good company Maytag ruined for you! Sorry!

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Jan 22, 2018

Hi SusanHetrick, we are sorry we are unable to assist to your satisfaction.We will make sure to document your complaint for you.

Su
Jan 22, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      22nd of Jan, 2018

Hi Susan. I'd really like to try and help you.

The model of washer you're referring to is designed to wash laundry in high efficient design. This design does offer many benefits but also, admittedly, some drawbacks; especially if you're use typ the older, more traditional design.

If it isn't working correctly, I'd like to help you getting it working again. When and from where was the unit purchased?

Whirlpool now owns Maytag. Maytag parts ARE TESTED TO TWICE THE LIFE EXPECTANCY OF THE SIMILAR WHIRLPOOL EQUIVALENT.

The Whirlpool model you may be interested in is WTW4616F. However, for similar pricing, you can purchase the heavier built Maytag MVWC565F. It has a bigger tub that is also stainless. Frankly, of you really want something that runs well and will generally be longer lasting, consider a Speed Queen. You'll pay twice the price, but you'll likely find it exactly what you're after. Buy from someone that offers reasonably priced and well backed extended warranties, just in case.

Please let us know what you decide.