Maytag / washer

Raleigh, NC, United States

Today is Sunday, December 11, 2016. I purchased a new Maytag washer from Lowe's two weeks ago. (Had a Samsung earlier and did not perform up to my old Maytag standards.) The first time I used the new Maytag, I notice a lot of noise on the fill cycle. Tonight, (only the third time I used it) the washer made an unusally loud noise throughout the entire wash cycle. Sounded like the agitator(s) were scraping on metal!The sound is so loud, you can hear it from outside the house. Help. Very disappointed that I can't count on the Maytag to quietly wash the clothes. Do I need to have the washer replaced? (Desirable resolution is a washer that works without making me think the parts are coming unhinged.)

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 12, 2016

Donavintage
    We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfication with your new washer. New style washer makes many different noises. Typically, a grinding or rubbing noise will occur in the agitation/wash or spin portions of the cycle. The drive system on these units is different than previous washers. You may hear the motor sound as the motor alternates directions. You may also hear some gear sounds. These sounds are part of the normal washer operation.

The noise this washer makes could become worse if the machine is unlevel. It is important to follow the steps in the installation instructions for leveling the washer. The legs are adjustable, and can easily be moved up or down

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at [protected]@Maytag.com

Do