Maytag / washer 10 year warranty

I purchased a washer from Aaron's in May of 2015. When I contacted Maytag to inquire of my 10 year warranty, I was advised that the warranty only covers the motor and the tub. However, I was not advised of this upon purchase. I spoke with 3 different customer service representatives, and they were not helpful or polite. I will not purchase any more Maytag products nor will I recommend them to any of my family or friends. Maytag is only out to get your money, and they are not here to help once their shoddy product breaks.

Gaynell Wakefield

Ga
Feb 7, 2018

Comments

Sh
  8th of Feb, 2018

Hi Gaynell.

Appreciated reading your concern and would like to help. I'd like to confirm a few things with you to make sure we're on the same page however. Maytag does provide a 1 year, limited warranty on all their dishwashers. This is covered in detail within the owner's manual. There's a badge placed upon the front of the dishwasher advertising "Maytag's 10 year LIMITED PARTS warranty." Beneath this stamp it should clearly display "Motor and Tub." Is this all correct?

If this is the case, I fail to see where the manufacturer has done anything wrong. Generally when you purchase such an appliance, you have the option to purchase extended service guarantees. Some people care about this issue; others do not. Maytag, being part of the Whirlpool family of products, is an easy brand to have serviced.

Wp
  26th of Feb, 2018

We thank you for your review, and are sorry to hear of the concerns you're having with your Maytag® Washer. We'd like to follow up with you regarding your concerns. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com with your name, phone number, address, model/serial number and date of purchase as well as the website you were contacted on so we may do so. Please include a brief description of your concerns in your email. Thank you Maytag® Social Media