Maytag Refrigerator / problem: model mbf2262hew
Sadly, we purchased a maytag refrigerator in december 2006. We are currently listening to the drumbeat of the fourth damper that has been installed in this unit. Maytag admits that a poorly engineered damper is the cause. They refuse to trade or issue a credit, claiming that a noisy (Really noisy!!) damper is not a defect. The maytag "customer service" department was absolutely useless! They have stated, in essence, that as long as the refrigerator is cooling properly, they have no liability regarding noise issues. Even though they are aware of this problem and are re-designing the damper, they continue to sell the defective model (#mbf2262hew) to unsuspecting customers. There must be some protection for those of us who bought in good faith. I strongly encourage future customers to think twice, or even three or four times before purchasing a maytag product.
More Maytag Refrigerator Complaints & Reviews
- Maytag - won't clean dishes! 
- Maytag / French Door Refrigerator - problems with the ice maker! 
- Maytag Atlantis Washing Machine - spin cycle problems 
- Maytag Quiet Series 200 Dishwasher - piece of junk! 
- Maytag - maytag centennial washer 
- Maytag - dishwasher
- Maytag - maytag washing machine mwf608bf and chef's magic trade center, inc.
- Maytag - maytag dryer
- Maytag Jordan - dishwasher
- Maytag - maytag warranty service for washer purchased 6 months ago