Maytag Oven / never buy maytag products!

I purchased the oven in Oct 2005, in October 2006 it caught fire. Maytag repaired and extended the warranty. In December the bottom oven stopped working. Maytag, after two visits and three parts shipped to me, got it working. Now it is January and the top oven will not come up to temperature. We need a Lemon Law for appliances.

N  26th of May, 2009 by
Maytag Model # MGR6775ADS...Serial # 12763826GG was purchased by us in 2005. Had a problem with the lower oven and an uncontrollable flame on Sat. May 23rd, 2009. Contacted Maytag and had a service person come out to look at the oven. When we turn the gas back on and lit the oven he noticed the flame going through the back of the oven behind the electronic igniter. When he pulled the oven out and took the back cover off he saw the problem. In an area approx. 10 inches square the oven has 2 factory sealed gas lines, a safety valve and numerous electric wires and components. One of the factory sealed lines started leaking gas and when the oven lit the flames back feed behind the electronic igniter and was igniting the gas leak which the serviceman said could have caused an explosion killing someone...SEE PICTURE...Wish this site would allow me to post more pictures...The picture shows the gas still leaking out...see bubbles... at bottom right of picture you will see the burnt electric lines...if you notice the gas line that has a 45 degree angle going into the oven you will see the black smoke on the line where the flame was coming through igniting the leaking gas. You can also see additional smoke damage to the second gas line. We talked with Maytag's safety Dept and all they will do is issue a repair. WE STRONGLY SUGGEST anyone purchasing a Maytag to look over the design where the gas lines enter into the oven. We spent more then 25 years in the contracting business and we personally feel after seeing what was behind this cover this is a major safety issue. EXERCISE CAUTION...I am leaving this photo but see it is to small to view. If you go to my website www.scriptorical.com I will post a special set of VERY LARGE photos for you to view.

Maytag Logo Maytag