Maytag Neptune Clothes Washer / what a joke!

I have a four year old Maytag Neptune washer that has a worn out spin bearing and I am looking at anywhere between $500 to $700 dollars of repair because it is such an involved repair. After checking on the web, this is a very common compliant about Maytag's Neptune. Maytag customer service--what a joke--only could offer me a 15 percent voucher the purchase of a new clothes washer--what arrogance. Maytag engineers must know of this flaw. I checked Consumer Reports and they rate the Maytag Neptune the highest in repairs of any washer tested.

Va

Comments

• Di
      31st of Jan, 2009

We had a Maytag neptune purchase in June 05 and it would cost us 600 to have it repaired -we purchase
    a new one in the 3000 series i'm hoping it will last longer . Just 2 people in house using it . If I start having
    troule with this on -no more chances. We were stuck between a hard rock because we would have owed the service co over 300 in repairs they wiped it clean. But still on the fence whether we did the right thing.

Diane

• Bi
      29th of Mar, 2009

Our Maytag Neptune has also been troublesome with a spin cycle that wouldn't complete without changing it to the extended spin setting.

Now, it makes noise, but won't do anything and the feedback on the units scares me. Should I even both with the repair of this thing?

Bill Martin