Maytag / service of lemon refrigerator

1 MO, United States Review updated:

I am so disgusted with Maytag and their supposed customer service. I have had 5 service calls on my refrigerator between March and July, 2008, so far. The defrost mechanism on the Maytag ICE20 is faulty and continues to be so despite all pieces of said mechanism being replaced. I've had to shuttle my food between my kitchen and garage refrigerator once every 1-2 weeks, so I can defrost the refrigerator manually. Patiently, I've plodded along, telling myself the serviceman would find and fix the problem. At this point, however, it's clear that the problem is not going to be found. The refrigerator, as I've read elsewhere, is a lemon! Will Maytag declare it unrepairable? No! They need a second opinion, so they're sending out a serviceman of their choice tomorrow. And they're so proud that they put a priority on it and on the parts this time. The big question I have is will this guy actually show? The first one they scheduled didn't. I was told it was a computer problem. (Excuse my teenage response, but WHATEVER!). The bottom line is you honor your customers or you don't. Listen up, folks. MAYTAG DOES NOT HONOR THEIR CUSTOMERS. Don't be a lemon-sucker. Don't buy MAYTAG!

Comments

• Mi
      10th of Jul, 2008

29th of Sep, 2008

i here you. my parents bought the same fridge and it happens to them. the dealer would not fix it, said it is out of warranty, one month after boughten. my brother in law was a rep for maytag and they still wont do anything. only one solution, do not buy maytag. you send your work out of the country, find your customers in that country.

• So
      14th of Apr, 2010

MAYTAG SUCKS!! our fridge is doing the same thing!!!

• So