Maytag / maytag washer mvwb765fw0

1 Chino, CA, United States Review updated:

I bought a Maytag washer on January 24, 2017 from Sears .the washer came with a sample of Downey Stoppables softener. So I continued using them for my softener . I would put them in the tray where it says softener. The tray started melting for some reason. Today is August 3rd and this is the 2nd time they will be replacing the tray. The technician didn't even look at the washer. He did not take it apart to see why the tray was melting. He just suggested that I use liquid softener instead of the stoppable's. I just hope this doesn't cause a fire of any kind to my washer or my home.

Maytag

My
Aug 3, 2017

Comments

• Wp
      9th of Aug, 2017

Myrna86:
    Thank you for the review. We apologize for the frustration. Per the Use and Care guide on page (9), we recommend when using a
    Single-dose laundry packest, color-safe bleach, or fabric softener crystals can be added to the basket prior to adding laundry. If you have any further question or concerns, please reach out to us by emailing Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com with your name, user ID (Myrna86), physical address, phone number, model with serial number, and website you were contacted on (https://www.complaintsboard.com).

• Wi
      12th of Mar, 2018

On January 13, 2018, we purchased the Maytag MVWB765FW1. We called service shortly after it was installed (installed on 1-19-18) for error messages. Service came out and said the installers put the extraction hose too far into the drain. We called service in February, 2018 about clanking noise of the motor and/or transmission. Service came out and said that was a natural sound? Going to call service today (3-12-18) as the cloths are not getting wet when washing even though we do the extra fill option. We are having to wash sheets three (3) times to get them all soaked and washed. The machine is not getting all of the wash wet many dry parts. This is a BIG - BIG problem for us - three times to wash and then not rally washing. Not liking this machine at all but appears we are stuck with it. We purchased this machine from Home Depot in January, 2018 and asked them if we could return it (three weeks after we purchased it) for the problems we have had and continue to have mainly, not washing. Home Depot will not accept the return as their now policy stated we only had three days after the purchase to return even though they never disclosed this policy to us at the time of the purchase (their policy changed right before we purchased this unit as it was thirty (30) days return). We will never purchase anything from Home Depot and we are stuck with a lemon of a washer - namely, Maytag which my wife dislikes, not pleased and I can say - hate. I am retiring in 2018 and we thought we were purchasing a long-life washer ($659) for our retired time. That is a lot of money for us and to have it go to waste on a very poor product.

-G