Maytag

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 by

maytag washer model mvwx655dw0 - 18 months old

I have been working on this problem for 4 days and we have been without a washer for 2 weeks now. We own a Maytag Washer, Dryer and Dishwasher and I have bought Maytag's our entire 20+ year marriage. The washer in question is an 18 month old Top Loader. The Suspension rods holding the drum needed replacing. Picture is attached from the Maytag parts site.

THE PROBLEM -

Sears Home Service came out to repair the washer after sending parts (2 different times) here to the house manufactured by the Whirpool Corporation - Part #W11130362. The picture on the Maytag Replacement Part site and the Maytag Customer Service parts people say the part should be just over 22" long (see attached pic). The TWO boxes of parts that were mailed to my house with the above mentioned part number are over 23" long (see attached). The Sears Home Service repair technicians said these parts would not fit in the machine. According to Sears, Maytag no longer makes the original part and this replacement part is the only one made but it does not fit my 18 month old washer.

How do we get the correct sized part to repair our not very old machine? Why would a company not make a part on an 18 month old machine?

I have been faithful to this company but after spending in excess of $400 to fix a 2 year old Maytag top end dishwasher last year, $350 to fix an 18 month old washer and now the fact I can't even get the washer fixed, I think the Maytag Corporation is not the company or the machines they use to be. This has been frustrating and lost any faith in these products for future purchases.

MaytagMaytag

Updated by Dmoery, Nov 28, 2017
Two weeks without a washer. Upon second visit I am being told that the basket, transmission and suspension all need to be replaced to the tune of $1, 400. Is it the Maytag Machine or Sears Home Repair. I liked the technicians and seem to want to help me but Sears Home Services is also about selling $50/per month repair contracts. Next step is to contact Maytag again and maybe get one of their repair technicians.
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2017
Hi Dmoery, we would like to inquire further about your review with you. Please email us at Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com, with your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, and date of purchase on the appliance. Please also copy and paste your review from complaintsboard into the email as well.
Complaint comments Comments (2)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Washing Machines

Comments

N  27th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
It is very possible that the rods are universal, capable of being altered to fit the necessary model.
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Interesting set of circumstances with a Devon visit and $1000 more for the repair. A second opinion isn't a bad idea.

Keep us posted.