Maytag / maytag centennial top load washing machine

1 Pownal, ME, United States

This washer has not worked well since we purchased it 3.5 years ago. We had a service rep. out to repair it right after we purchased it. Now the entire motor that runs the unit has failed and the part was on back order. It's been 6 weeks since we could use our washing machine. Every time I have called the customer service line, I have been on hold for a half an hour before someone picks up.
The repair tech advised that even after this motor is replaced, there's still no guarantee that the unit will perform properly.

I have had it with this machine and asked customer service to allow me to return it I even said they could pro-rate the value but they said no and wouldn't discuss it.

Very disappointed in Maytag and will never buy another Maytag product again.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Sep 13, 2018

We are sorry to hear of your experiences and apologize that the needed part is on back order. The washer is out of warranty, but we would still like to speak with you again and review the file. If you are still willing, please respond to this email address: Maytag_Reviews@Maytag.com. We need it to include your name, phone number, street address, zip code, model & serial number, date of purchase on the appliance, along with a brief description of the issue at hand.

We look forward to your reply.

Maytag® Social Care