Maytag

Posted: Nov 23, 2017 by

maytag bravos xl

Minesing, Ontario
Canada
We built a new house in 2012 and purchased new appliances at this time - the Maytag Bravos XL washer and dryer were part of them. We have been having issues with the washer becoming unbalanced during the spin cycles, laundry not coming clean on the initial wash (lightly soiled laundry) and therefore have to wash a second time (additional water and hydro costs incurred). We have had a repairman come look at the washing machine and were told the parts used are Samsung, not Maytag/Whirlpool, and the bearings need to be replaced. In order to replace the bearings we need to replace the entire drum unit which is almost the cost of a brand new machine. I have sent my inquiry to the Maytag customer service team which indicated a 3 day response - 2 weeks after my initial email I received a response that said it is out of warranty with a copy of the warranty page contained in the manual. I have also called the customer service line twice in order to speak with someone but have never received a response back. Is this the type of service that is to be expected from Maytag? We are a family of 3 therefore do not have large amounts of laundry, is your product only expected to last 5 years? I would like to discuss having a replacement or repair done as soon as possible, this has been going on for over a month now and am worried about using the machine therefore have been going outside the home for laundry. Frustrated and disappointed in this product and customer service!
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Nov 24, 2017
Hello, We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (complaintsboard.com.), your user ID (KVL), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information to Maytag_Digital@Maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further.
Updated by KVL, Dec 04, 2017
I still have not received any response from Maytag_Digital@Maytag.com after forwarding them an email with the information identified on November 24th. It appears they do not value customer service as to date I have left over 3 voice mail messages, 3 separate emails and nothing. Very disappointing as I had recommended this product to friends and family, if I knew this would be the outcome and service to be expected I would never have recommended. Sent another email today - would appreciate some sort of response.
Maytag Customer Care's Response, Dec 06, 2017
Hi KVL, we're sorry for the delay. Please contact our counterparts at 1-800-807-6777 for further assistance.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Washing Machines

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree