Maytag / French Door Refrigerator / problems with the ice maker!

United States Review updated:

I bought my maytag ice2o French door refrigerator from home depot 8 mos ago. Loved it when I got it, but soon after had problems with the ice maker. They replaced the ice maker. Now the ice maker is still having problems. Its not strong enough to break up all the ice. The ice cubes freeze in big blocks causing the system to clog. Last night the thing took on a mind of its own. All the lights are flashing on the control panel, the ice and water maker don't work at all. The flap is constantly opening and closing all on its own, constantly making a clicking noise all night long. Finally we had to unplug it so we could get 4 hours sleep. Plug it in this morning and its still doing it. My biggest concern is what happens after the warranty runs out. I already know this thing has mechanical problems. Did I get a lemon or is it junk?? Either way I'm stuck with a $2,800 refrigerator that seems like it has bad engineering.

• Maytag Customer Care's Response, Mar 31, 2017

Dear Valerie: We are sorry to hear of the issue that you are experiencing with your Refrigerator.
    We would be happy to look into this matter. If you could email us at [protected]@Maytag.com with your name, phone number, and address along with the model and serial number of the Refrigerator.

Va

Comments

• Fr
      19th of Nov, 2012

Ref my previous Fred from HB.
    I attempted to submit a photo of Ice build up in the tray, but was not successful. I hope this will be successful.
    A picture is worth a 100 Words.

• Lb
      15th of Jan, 2013

This is unbelievable! I have a Maytag Model# MFI2569VEM2 which we purchased 2 1/2 years ago (7/10). Last night the electronic panel lit up with all the lights blinking erratically, the ice maker dispenser door would open and close, and of course none of the functions would work on the panel. I tripped the breaker, it would reset but then start doing the same thing over again. So yes, I googled the issue and a slew of pages popped up with everyone having the same issue. Now, I see that this issue has been going on for far too long, dating back to at least 2007 and it has effected numerous different models of refrigerators. So, it is obviously an issue with the control panel/motherboard rather than a certain model. I had seen a post where numerous people had posted and said Maytag was aware of the issue and fixed it for free. The last and most recent comment was from a gentleman who purchased his six years ago and when he called Maytag they informed him that his Model number was not effected but he was persistent and said he was able to get it fixed for free. I went to bed with peace of mind assuming since mine was only 2 1/2 years old, they would have no problem resolving this well known issue. I get up this morning and call Maytag. Let's say things did not go at all as I expected. She acted like she had never heard of the issue before and there was nothing she could do other than schedule an appointment at my expense or I could purchase an extended warranty for $360. REALLY????!!! I was persistent but all I received was her constant spill about purchasing an extended warranty there is nothing they can do because my particular model number has not had any issues. Does it not take a rocket scientist to figure out that it doesn't matter what Model number your Maytag refrigerator is when you've had over 7 years of complaints on numerous models with the exact same issues pertaining to an electronic panel/motherboard???? Well I am not going to let this fall to the waste side. I am going to actively pursue every avenue available to get the word out about this. I have seen so many comments about a Class Action Lawsuit, I am definitely looking into this. I would also encourage everyone to check out there Facebook page. They are flooded with comments by dissatisfied consumers, including myself. Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/maytag
    Maytag has really dropped the ball and their customer service is a joke! I wish I would have researched a little more thoroughly before spending my hard earned money, and extra at that for what was suppose to be a reliable brand.

• Bl
      17th of Jan, 2013

Wow! To think I was about to purchase one tomorrow on sale for 1999.00
    Well not now. Not ever.
    Im sure the sales person wont be happy with my explanation and a copy of this thread.

• Wp
      27th of Feb, 2013

Hello lbedell. My name is Melanie and I am a representative with Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your refrigerator. If you would like us to look into this further, please provide your name, the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard.com), your user ID name (lbedell), your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, your ticket number (34374), and email the requested information to Maytag.[protected]@maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Amber.

20th of Mar, 2013

I unfortunately just had the same issue concerning my unit . The unit went berserk, stopped cooling and ruined all my food . I managed to get it outside after leaking spoiled food all over my floor . I washed it out and contacted Maytag after reading the hundreds of complaints.They sent someone out to fix the panel but he couldnt get it to cool . He said many times when a unit goes down that the acidity from produce along with moisture can eat through the aluminum components causing a freon leak . Obviously this happened to me . I contacted Maytag and they said they would fix that too but once I called back they said that it was a separate issue . Then I spoke with another person who said they would send a tech to inspect . I took off work and finally got a courtesy from tech saying he was told not to come . I was amazed I missed work waiting and got no call from maytag saying they changed their mind. I called back in and was told flat out I would not be covered even though the fridge was fine before this happen . I suggest everyone read over the Consumer Protection Act which covers defective equipment causing issues by both injury and property damage . A Class Action Lawsuit needs to be organized concerning this also . In the meantime I implore each of you to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in your state along with Michigan where Maytag is headquatered .This will guarantee a response from corporate . Also make copies of this forum and send it to your State Attorney General explaining how you have been sold a defective item . They say ABC news once did a segment on this fridge issue also so I suggest contacting them asking for a followup story . For those that use social media, go onto their facebook and twitter page to post a link to this site and the way you have been treated after spending over 2000 dollars on a fridge that has lasted 7 years or less . Its time for small voices to unite to form One that is much larger . I can be reached at ChrisNall82 at yahoo.com for anyone who wants to join in this fight and form a list of consumers who have been done wrong by a Once great company

23rd of Mar, 2013

If you have experienced priblems with your Maytag fridge including not cooling, blinking lights, or ice flap opening and closing non stop, then you are probably victim to the defective High Voltage Control Board that Maytag used around 2006 - 2008 or so . To find out go to Sears Parts replacements and look up the High Voltage Control Panel and check the part number .If its 67006389 then you have the panel notourious for overheating and causing damage . The sad part is that when your fridge goes down because of this, the acidity from produce along with moisture cause a reaction with the aluminum internals resulting in tiny leaks in your cooling system . Maytag refuses to fix this issues that results from the fridge going down from the Control Board malfunction . Thats why Ive started the website MaytagClassActionLawsuit.com If you are inter3sted in joining the list of people who believe they were mistreated by Maytag then send your contact info to [protected]@MaytagClassActionLawsuit.com Hopefully once enough names are collected they can be forwarded to an attorney to begin the process . Thanks and look forward to hearing from you . Chris Nall

23rd of Mar, 2013

If you have had issues with your fridge then go to the following link and verify if your fridge has this certain Control Board. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/67006389/0046/464/Model-MFI2568AES/3048/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0708024&diagramPageId=00009&productTypeId=0161000&searchModelNumber=MFI2568AES&subCompDesc=Cabinet+back%2Ffront+rollers&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=MAYTAG-REFRIGERATION&blt=11&shdMod=MFI2568AES They are defective and if you contact Maytag they will replace it for free . The problem is if your fridge goes out due to this and you let it sit for any amount of time then the acidity from produce and moisture combine to eat through the aluminum internals and cause tiny leaks in your cooling system .Maytag is refusing to fix damage caused by the faulty part so I have began a class action lawsuit page . If intetested in participating then contact me with your information at [protected]@MaytagClassActionLawsuit.com

27th of Mar, 2013

Ive received over a hundred responses from Maytag owners and have emailed several of you back . Some have reported the emails going to your spam box. Please check to make sure our correspondence is getting through . Thanks and look forward to speaking with many of you very soon about the Class Action Lawsuit . My email again is [protected]@MaytagClassActionLawsuit.com

• Gr
      18th of Sep, 2017

@ChrisNall Hi Chris, were you successful in initiating a class action lawsuit? It is fall 2017 and our Maytag has begun the classic ice door flapping, lights flashing... of course we are getting the wonderful customer service on this as most everyone else on this complaints board.. Gail

• Al
      1st of Apr, 2013

I too have had nothing but TROUBLE with mine. Only a few months after the purchase. I had trouble with their customer service representatives. All have been rude and unwilling to fix the issue. I will NEVER buy a Maytag product again. I basically paid a substantial amount of money to have to make my own ice still and drink water out of the tap. Thank You Maytag for nothing. I agree 100%-there should be a class action suit.

• Wp
      8th of Apr, 2013

Hello alnappier. My name is Amber and I am a representative with Maytag. We truly apologize for the frustrations you have endured regarding your refrigerator. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please email us at Maytag.[protected]@Maytag.com and provide us with your complete contact information as well as the model and serial number of your appliance. Please also include the name of the site you were contacted on (ComplaintsBoard) along with your user name and your ticket number (39710). We would be happy to review your concerns further. Best regards, Amber.

• Jm
      7th of May, 2013

I have owned my Maytag fridge since 2007. I really like this fridge. Today, I encountered my first issue with it; same as everyone is describing regarding the flapping ice door and flashing control board. Called Maytag service and they are sending a tech out in 4 days to fix the issue for free.
    I wish they had done that with my Neptune washing machine, which I threw in the garbage after 2 years and replaced with a GE model that has had very few issues.
    Maytag realizes that if they ignore their buyers, the company will eventually fold. That is why they have improved their repair services and this is a good thing.

7th of May, 2013

Thats a great thing. But hopefully you dont encounter the same problem as I did. Once the fridge sits for several days the condensation and acidity cause leaks in the tubing . You may not realize it right away but over time it will begin to leak down . May take a month or may take a year .And they keep denying any other problems caused by their faulty electronics .Even though the tech that came out admitted the leaks that can be caused from the issue.

• Lj
      20th of May, 2013

I have maytag model MFX2571XEM. Same problems with ice maker and control panel going crazy and finally stopped working. Purchased 2 1/2 years ago. You would think a problem that has been going on since 2007 would have been resolved in their products. Class action sounds good.

• Lj
      20th of May, 2013

Maytag model MFX2571XEM. 2 1/2 years old. Same issues with ice maker and control panel. No longer getting ice or water. Maytag can't get it right since 2007. Or maybe it's by choice so they continue to make money on a single product. No more unemployed Maytag repair men like in their old commercials.

• Vw
      23rd of Jun, 2013

No noises...just no ice; and mine is about a year old out of warranty...Sad how Maytag used to be the gold standard in cold. Now it's a clod. It was taken over by a non-American owner a few years ago, and the quality is no longer American built. My freezer has the tiny pinhole drain that constantly blocks so there's always ice in the bottom that has to be removed. Tried defrosting for 6 hours to unblock the drain, as others have suggested...but actually getting to the pinhole drain is close to impossible, since it's in the interior of the freezer box, way to the back, behind a service panel that has to be unscrewed and detached from a service panel first. Last time I buy a Maytag.

• Ek
      2nd of Jul, 2013

I am also having the EXACT same problem...contacted Maytag and they were SO rude! Refused to do anything! Now What? :(

22nd of Jul, 2013

I guess that I'm another one of the hundreds, possibly thousands, with this problem. I bought my Maytag refrigerator, model # MFI2568AEQ, in 2007 and within a month the icemaker had to be replaced. I guess that I'm lucky in some ways that I have gotten this far without having the problem with the flapper and lights however I can no longer say that as it has now started. It started about a week ago doing it sporadically but now it is happening more and more often and sounds like it will be constant shortly. I have had numerous other irritating problems though such as the freezer handle constantly coming loose, ball bearings falling out of the freezer door and tray glides & plastic interior parts breaking. I read about all of these problems from hundreds of people and wonder how a company like Maytag can ignore so many of their consumers. From the sounds of it this has been the same ongoing problem for years and apparently they have made no valid attempt to correct it. I will certainly stay away from any of their products in the future and will warn every person that I see about Maytag's issues and lack of customer support. It's also hard to believe that something hadn't been done about this long ago. I am all in favor of a class action suit so any company that puts this kind of product on the market, knowing that it has been a problem, but fails to react or correct it, pays for it. You would think that in this day and age, with social media being what it is, that they would pay attention and correct these issues as now we can all tell the world and warn each other. I will be calling Maytag today to see what kind of response I get. Better not be "We haven't heard of this kind of problem before". Will let you know what happens.

22nd of Jul, 2013

Well I'm back and with positive things to say about Maytag and the way they handled my problem. I went to the FixYa site and found the same issues on these control panels. I also found this number, 800-253-1301, and called them and in no time they told me that they would come out and fix the issue free of charge. Scheduled for this Wednesday. I had also gone to sites to check on this kind of problem with all the other makes and it's the same everywhere. I see the same anger in everyone's comments and I can't blame them after paying out so much for an appliance that we rely on but I can't really blame the manufacturer either as it is a common problem. Every make I investigated has this same issue and from what I've found it appears that it goes back to the way that these control boards are manufactured. The circuits are laid out with robotics and then the board is heated somehow to solder the connections. I imagine that the same companies make control boards for all of the refrigerator manufacturers. In my recent explorations to buy a new central HVAC system as I looked up complaints about the manufacturers I found the same kind of central issues that went back to certain parts made by a common providers. It seems that the more complicated features become the more problems that follow.

24th of Jul, 2013

I first got on to make major complaints regarding Maytag and my Ice2O Bottom freezer. My control panel went bonkers blinking and the ice dispenser clicking. I called the 800 number in my manual and they scheduled an appointment for two weeks from today and I was having to pay. I read a lot of these complaints and got to Dan Garrick's comment from July 22 and called the 800-253-1301 that he provided and they scheduled an appointment in two days and are covering the cost. I do not know the difference but the second person was nothing but helpful and apologetic. So Kudos to maytag for taking care of this situation. Thanks Dan for the advice.

24th of Jul, 2013

I'm glad that this worked for you also Jodi. After as many posts as I have read I was prepared for the worst however when I talked to the person at this number, and his name was Owen, he was most helpful and the process was pain free. In the end I believe that this is actually a Whirlpool site and they own Maytag. You might receive a phone call, as I did, moving your date slightly because Maytag/Whirlpool called the repair company and told them to order certain parts first so they are well aware of the problem. I hope people pay attention to the part of my post regarding the manufacturing of these parts by a contractor/manufacturer that probably builds these boards for everyone. As I stated in that post; as I investigated the HVAC suppliers I found the same gripes for every manufacturer and found that parts are made by common suppliers however the most important thing to watch for in that case is your installers as they are the ones that cause the problems due to improper installation. I know that I was upset about the refrigerator to but know I thoroughly investigate everything. Places like the Complaint Board and the Fixya site are so helpful to so many people and I thank them also.

30th of Jul, 2013

OK, I read a few of these messages on the Boards, I have the MFI2568AES version of the fridge. On 7/28 it started blinking and opening and closing the ice door. I unplugged the Ice Door by pulling the connector apart over the left side top hinge on the fridge as I read somewhere else. (Make sure that the ice door is closed when you unplug it or else you will just lose cold air out the hole... not that I did that the first time) I ordered a new circuit board that I read somewhere that replacing that would work. I called the Sears service number and ordered it on 7/29. It cost about $80 plus shipping, but it was at my door this afternoon 7/30. That is the good news. The bad news, it didn't work. I changed the circuit board and I still get the same thing. Now I think I have an extra board and I am still in the same boat I was in 2 days ago. Anyone else know or have any ideas on what else it might be?

30th of Jul, 2013

Also, as many of you have figured out, NEVER BUY AN APPLIANCE FROM HOME DEPOT. They are not the same as the more expensive versions at Sears or a Maytag store. Home Depot has there own Version that is made with cheaper parts. Instead of ceramic or metal, they have Plastic pieces. In other words, Don't judge a book by the cover, what is inside may not be the same thing that you think it is.

1st of Aug, 2013

On a Positive Note, I called the Whirlpool number (800-253-1301) and spoke to a very pleasant girl who helped me immediately. When I told her the issue and what I had already done, She said that they would cover it and send someone out. Of course, they can't get here for 2 weeks...But they are coming out. Also on a positive note. I contacted Sears and they are allowing me to send back the part I just purchased for a refund as that did not fix what was going on. I will have to update in a couple weeks to see if everything goes as smoothly as it seems to be right now.

13th of Sep, 2013

Same thing! Woke up this morning to a loud clicking noise! Panel was blinking and ice dispenser was flapping. Called Maytag, and they will have someone come out to fix it in 4 days. Repair, service, and parts all covered for free. No warranty needed!

• Ml
      3rd of Oct, 2013

Well Dan (of 7/22/13) is right. I called the 800-253-1301 number and Jasmine was very nice and helpful. Even though my unit was purchased a number of years ago, they are covering the repair. I just have to live with the flapping over the weekend. But, my capacitors are just beginning to fail so it is intermittent right now. Thanks for the heads up.

3rd of Oct, 2013

I want to say that it's really great to see the way that Maytag/Whirlpool has responded to our issues and it restores some of the confidence that I had lost in big corporations. If other companies would read some of these maybe they would see that truly operating, with the customer in mind, would be more beneficial to them than just looking at the bottom line. Operating in this manner will raise your bottom line not lower it like they all think it will. Again I give Kudos to Whirlpool/Maytag and sites such as Complaints Board that lets us operate together to find solutions to such problems. I know that there's a lot more of us out there and hopefully they find there way to what we have here so I say let everyone know about this site and others so they can find resolution to their problems.

• Ed
      4th of Nov, 2013

Big thanks to the members of this board for helping me get a REALLY quick solution to this problem. Thursday night the classic symptoms arose--blinking lights and ice door opening. Found this thread (what did we ever do before Google and forums?). Called the number-- 800-253-1301-- Fridge was fixed TODAY at no charge. Thanks Whirlpool and thanks to Gliedt Enterprises in Rogers, AR. Happy customer.

• St
      4th of Jan, 2014

For those who can't wait for a repairman because their fridge is no longer keeping things cold in the freezer, here's the original How-To on stopping the flapping and fixing it for less than $5 if you have soldering tools, $25 or so if you need to buy them. Takes less than an hour if you take your time and have not soldered before. With enough YouTube videos on how to solder, just about anyone could do this themselves if they needed/wanted. My fridge has been problem-free since July 2007 after this fix. http://liny.net/MaytagIce2O.htm Enjoy.

11th of Feb, 2014

Ok so my Maytag was purchased in 2006 (Nearly 8 years old). I read all the complaints on this issue - Same for me, lighting blinking and ice door flapping. I didn't see that anyone had purchased their refrigerator in 2006 (Model Number MFI2568AES). Called the number (800) 253-1301 and at first the guy tells me not covered, puts me on hold and comes back to say it is covered, puts me on hold again and apologizes saying it is covered for my model number but not for my serial number? HUH? He says that the issue had been resolved prior to when I purchased my fridge. I asked him if he has been on the complaints board recently?!?!? He said no. I stated that people have been dealing with this issue on this fridge after that date, not before. He had it backwards. He said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak to a Manager. Few minutes later, manager comes on saying the same thing. I stated that what she is saying makes no sense. People are having this issue with the same fridge today, just like they were 5/6/7 years ago. She said should would put me on hold and request an exception from their review board. She came back a few minutes later and it was approved! No charge. Don't take no for answer. Keep pushing. On a side note IF YOU WANT TO STOP THE FLASHING AND FLAPPING UNTIL THE FIX IS DONE, DO THE FOLLOWING: 1) Unplug fridge when the Ice Flap is in the closed position 2) Remove Splash guard at bottom of water dispenser 3) Unscrew (2) hex head bolts 4) carefully remove water/ice dashboard to expose wires behind 5) Unplug the 2 leads one on left and one on right 6) screw dashboard back in 7) plug refrig back in. THIS SHOULD WORK AS LONG AS THE HV BOARD DOESN'T GO OUT COMPLETELY CAUSING THE TEMP TO DROP AND FOOD TO BECOME LOST

• Ga
      17th of Feb, 2014

I have a MFI2067aes May tag and it's blinking and ice flap iis going crazy, call May tag and no help ! I am done with May tag !

17th of Feb, 2014

#Gasser - Call Maytag back (800) 253-1301, have your model/serial number ready and ask to speak to a manager. Tell them clear as day that online website/complaints boards, etc, including Maytag's own complaints board show this problem is a constant issue with this refrigerator and the response is always that Maytag will fix it for free because of it being an issue. Time and time again on 5 year old, 6 year old and even older (8 year old in my case) refrigerators this is happening and Maytag is fixing it. Ask the manager, "why are you not fixing mine?" Ask to have it reviewed by their board (they did this with me) and perhaps you will get a better response. I tried to stay calm and even tempered throughout my phone call and i think that helped. I'm guessing screaming won't help. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

17th of Feb, 2014

#Gasser - Call back and try again! Ask to speak to a manager, tell them you are seeing this problem all over the Internet and time and time again, Maytag is fixing it because it is a constant problem with this refrigerator. Ask them why they are not fixing yours? Ask to be submitted for a case review. They did this with me and it worked. Came back with a favorable response. Guys are coming on Wednesday of this week. Stick with it, and you may get a better response. The proof is in all the people alone on this complaints board post that have gotten a response. Use us as your amunition. Good luck!

• Pl
      25th of Feb, 2014

Well, I guess Maytag (Whirlpool) has finally decided to stop covering this repair. I gave them the same information as depicted in the other posts, and the best the could do for me is sell me the HV Control Board at 50% off which came to $122 + tax and free shipping. No amount of "it's a known problem" or "you've fixed for others" swayed the decision. It took talking (nicely) to a supervisor to find out that this "project" of covering this repair depends on your serial number, not just the model number. I guess they have figured out a certain "lot" of refrigerators they were bad and that's all they're covering. MFI2568AES like the rest, but no free fix. To top it off, the part is back-ordered until the end of March. Guess a trip to radio shack is in my future to try to replace the capacitors and see if that will at least work temporarily. Not a happy Maytag customer!

• Ye
      3rd of Mar, 2014

Looks like Maytag knew about this board problem. We all need to write to the Attorney General. Maytag refused to fix mine for free. They have lost me as a customer.

17th of Apr, 2014

I just got off the phone with them and the initial rep said "yeah, we will replace it. However the part is on 'indefinite backorder'". He found that strange and went to dig into it a little more. He came back on the line saying his "supervisor" wanted to talk to me. The supervisor said that I had two options: 1) they would send a tech out free of charge to take the board out so that we could ship it to their company in Chicago to have it repaired... at our cost!!!. They would then, after the estimated 7-day repair period (at which point everything in the refrigerator/freezer would be bad), would send a repair tech out free of charge to reinstall the board. Option 2 was to send my case to a product review board who would determine the value of the fridge and would give me credit towards the purchase of a new (Meytag) refrigerator. ... So, look like I'm going to Radio Shack as well... My refrigerator was a MF12568AES built in September of 2006.

23rd of Apr, 2014

I have a MAYTAG refrigerator MF12568AEB, first start with no water or ice dispensing, than It totally quit cooling capacity downgrade and the control panel lit up and flapping noise on the dispensing door, It a new refrigerator that a bought, brand new in abox, only have it 9 month since 2013, I called MAYTAG explain problem and the are3 more than 18 pages of complaints of hundreds of upset customer and they told me that they have not get any compliant at all !!!, I do not know, but we need to JAM their telephone lines with all the complaint, headaches, waste of time and food that we are going thru because they are selling a defective product the are selling to the public and making a profit out of it !!!

• To
      15th of May, 2014

My freezer handle just came off and at loss to fix it. Any ideas?

• Di
      25th of May, 2014

Ok--adding to the list of other complaints. Purchased Maytag MFI2568AEB October 2007. Ice dispenser has always been a problem as you could never get the ice in your glass. At least one cube would always fall on the floor. Anyway, have lived with that for over 6 years now by trying to just use wide mouth glasses but still have the same problem. Lights started flashing a little over a month ago. About two weeks ago, the lights would flash and door flap would open & close. We would shut the breaker off for ten minutes or so and then turn back on. It would sometimes work and other times not. Placed a call into Maytag and were told that someone would call us back in a week. That was on a Friday. By Monday, the problem had worsened so called back. We were told that our case was being reviewed by a review board for an exchange program and someone would call us back by week's end. Problem just continued to get worse and read from other members that they disconnected the ice/water dispenser on the top left of the fridge. We did that and now there is a ticking sound and humming which is better than lights flashing and door flapping. Placed another call on Thursday as we still had not heard anything. Were told we were still in line to receive a call within the next 24-48 hours. Guess what, it's Memorial Day long weekend and we did not hear back on Friday which means now the earliest we will hear anything is next Tuesday. And to add to all of this, our fridge now completely died. Thank God we still had our old GE Fridge which is 25 years old in the basement. Not easy bringing it up the stairs but at least we have a back up. Tried to call them on Saturday but of course they only operate Monday thru Friday. Will definitely be calling them on Tuesday morning. It sounded like they may prorate the value of our fridge to put towards another one but I am sure that will be towards a Maytag which I am a little leary about. Anyway, we will have to wait to see what they offer us. I cannot believe the amount of complaints about this problem on this Maytag model. And it's not a recall? Really?

• Ku
      25th of May, 2014

I had the same problem with the flapping noise and lights flashing and had to replace the main circuit board in the back of the fridge---works fine now! Ordered over the internet and had in a couple days!

• Pa
      31st of May, 2014

Bought my Maytag Ice2O in June 2008 and now I have the same issue with control panel. Blinking lights, ice chute flapping, no cooling. Called Maytag after reading all of this and was told Control Panel not available as the factory in Japan that made the part was destroyed by Tsunami last year. Case was referred to Product Review Team last Wednesday. Told I would receive a call in 48 hours, and when I did not receive it I called again and was told it might be three more days. Has anyone had any resolution by Maytag?
    Patricia Mason, Ceres, Ca