Maytag / complaint regarding the delivery of my maytag gas range, model #mgr6600fw; delivered april 28 at approx 1:00 pm

1 Pipe Creek, TX, United States

I ordered a Maytag Gas Range from HOME DEPOT on April 16, 2018. It was scheduled to be delivered on Thursday, April 26, 2018. The delivery service (Linn Star Delivery) called my home the day before and told me that Maytag had failed to deliver the Gas Range to their Delivery Service Location as scheduled, so the Range would not be delivered to me on time and suggested I call Maytag myself. I called Maytag and scheduled the next available delivery date, Saturday, April 28, 2018. The Gas Range was then delivered to my home on April 28th at 1:00 PM and placed on my Kitchen floor. No installation was available or scheduled because the Gas Range must be converted to LPG. (Propane). The Delivery Man cut the blue packing tape on the door edges then opened the Range door to ensure everything was included, the Installation Guide, User Manuals, Burner Parts, Grates, and the LPG Conversion Kit, all was inside the Oven. We inspected the Gas Range and saw no visual damage so the Delivery Man left my home at about 1:15, he was there only about 15 minutes. I had a qualified Person there at my home who then preformed the LPG Conversion on the Gas Range. There was still much blue packing tape attached across the oven door handle and on the front of the oven door. We removed the remaining blue tape and noticed that the left upper plastic corner on the oven door was broken and a small piece fell off when the tape was removed. I promptly notified the Delivery Service Company, who then told me to immediately notify HOME DEPOT. I reported the damage to HOME DEPOT and they suggested replacing the Gas Range. I told them that was not necessary, I had already completed the LPG Conversion and installed the Gas Range to the LPG source, and the Gas Range was operating great and I did not want to replace the entire Range, just simply replace the broken plastic piece on the top of the oven door that the door handle is attached to. So HOME DEPOT connected me to Whirlpool/Maytag Parts & Service on Monday April 30, where I attempted to order the proper part. I had taken two photos of the broken part, but the Maytag employee told me that the photos were not necessary and they would ship me the part and email me an Order ID number & conformation. About five days later I received the wrong part, the Oven Door Handle, not the part I needed, which is the part the door handle is attached to. So I contacted another Maytag employee by phone on Saturday, May 5th, again I explained the part I needed and this time I emailed a description of the part along with the two photos of the broken part to the email address they gave me, (bh_resource@whirlpool.com) and ask the employee for another Order ID conformation email. I never received any email order conformation from Maytag on the replacement part so I phoned Maytag again on Monday, May 7th and spoke to another Maytag employee to explain what I needed, being placed on hold on & off for over an hour. Someone there finally suggested that Maytag email me a Parts Diagram Link so I could download the Parts Diagram and select the proper part needed by it's serial number. I downloaded the Parts Diagram and selected the proper part number, (W10875232) and ordered the part over the phone with the Maytag Employee. I have not yet received any conformation email from Maytag with the Order ID number for this part so I am not sure whether Maytag has sent my part yet or not. After all this trouble I really hope my proper part has been shipped to me so I can finally resolve this issue :(

Maytag