Maytag / technician from a& e repair never show up

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-905-9505

We have Maytag washer which is still under warrnaty and making a noise. We called Maytag and they diverted us to "A & E Factory Service" for repairs. We called "A & E" and they showed up once to check that status. After checking the machine, technician suggested to do repair and order parts (Outer Hub etc.). Then they said schedule appointment after you receive parts. We did that. But technician never showed up for replacing the parts. We have to wait for morning 8.00 am till evening, but no body showed up. whenever we call they said "technician" is on his way. We have to take day-off from work to wait for customer. This is happened 4th time that we schedule next appointment and no technician turned around. When we call "Support" number, it was the same answer. No body from "A&E Factory Service" bother to give us status.

We have since many complained launch against this company on internet in different states. We strongly suggest not to choose "A & E Factory" service for any repairs as this company does not know how to statisfy customer or what customer service is.

Ds

Comments

• Je
      16th of Jul, 2008

MAYTAK WIDE BY SIDE WATER AND ICE DISPENSOR MY MOTHER HAS THE SAME ONE, THEY STOP WORKING RIGHT AT 4 YEARS OLD. SOMTHING ABOUT THE PANEL LOCATION AND FREEZING. SEEMS THIS IS A KNOWN DEFECT. NOW TRY TO GET SOMONE AT THE HOUSE TO FIX IT, THAT IS A WHOLE OTHER COMPLAINT...SEARS SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.

24th of Jul, 2008

I agree customer service stinks. It's been about a year and my deluxe model Whirlpool Duet Large capacity front load washer has still not been repaired or replaced. We endured about 10 service calls and waiting for more than 20 different parts over the year including an overhaul taking almost 4 hours service time in attempt to fix it but they can't get it to work properly. Problem breeds problem. A and E repairmen (authorized factory rep of Sears, Whirlpool and alot of different manufacturing lines) called the stack line and reported it as not repairable after the 1st overhaul attempt failed but Whirlpool refuses to replace the machine or offer a reasonable monetary compensation. The machine was 3 yrs at our first service call and now has problems much worse with each repair and still not resolved (Initially we heard a noise during the spin and wanted to nip any problem in the bud so we called for service to check it out but the machine worked). After they made attempt over attempt to fix constant problems following this 1st repair we complained because we were without a properly working washer after so many attempts to repair and never mind the mess in my home from malfunction following a repair, thats a whole other story. They offered a 20% discount on a new machine by the first rep and when we said this wasn't satisfactory were offered a 10% discount by a supervisor not knowing (or knowing and being nasty because we were not satisfied with 20%) as the orginal rep offered 20% prior. I don't think this is fair for a 3 yr old $1, 200 washer. Please note it has been used very gently by a couple of older folks in their 50's with no children left in the household not a public laundermat . I am saying this costly machine should be expected to give 10 years service or possibly more. Mean time we used 10 days from work and countless hours on the phone trying to get this machine fixed. I think these big companies know the individual consumer is helpless to do anything and they take advantage. Thats the history. Today the service man was supposed to be here between 8 am and 12 noon after a 3 month wait for all the parts on back order to arrive ( filling my garage and preventing our car from it's home). They are offering an other overhaul costing more than the machine rather then replacing the machine despite the advise of their own repairmen . They call first so you have to leave the phone free as well as wait. No show. I call and am told it won't be longer. 2 pm in the afternoon and still no service. I call again and again. It's now 5pm. I am so frustrated. I am writing this in hopes the consumer can bann together and gain more protection against this mistreatment. I do remember when appliance companies were service and product oriented. Consumer affairs had power or at least time to get involved and protect the individual customer. Companies were not comglomerates (Jennair, Whirlpool, Kitchen aid, Maytag all the same company now) and needed to be competitive by maintaining the integrity of their products and consumer service.
    Whats a consumer to do? We need representation and advocacy. No working washer. No show Service. Lost wages. Unending calls. Problem time over a year.

• Ka
      1st of Feb, 2012

I bought my washer less then a year ago from Home Depot in Fullerton, Ca. A Maytag washer. The door latch went bad, and the tech was suppose to come back out when latch was mailed to me. I was set up a second appointment with A&E for service on 1-30-2012 between the hours of 12pm-5-pm. On 1-30-2012 at 1530 hours I called A&E to find out the status of when the tech will be at my home to repair my washer. I was told the tech had to go to the hospital. No one would be showing up. They scheduled for 1-31-2012 between 12pm-5pm. I have been in contact with Home Depot where I purchased the washer from, and spoke with a Christine who says A&E is the only contractor maytag deals with. I told her at 1550 hours the tech has not yet arrived and I will be calling at 1700 hours if the tech did not show up. If the tech does not show up, I will be taking the store and A&E and maytag to court . Christine said she is keeping track of my calls. Update...Tech just called 4:10pm, stating he is on his way. I will never buy another maytag product.

• Wp
      6th of Apr, 2012

Hello Ms. Carlton. My name is Melanie and I am a representative of Maytag. We apologize about the frustration you have experienced with your washer. If you still need assistance, please provide your name, the site you were contacted on, your user ID name, your phone number, your address, the full model and serial number, and email the requested information toMaytag.Digital@maytag.com. We would be happy to review your concerns further. Sincerely, Melanie.