Maytag / customer service

Phone: 610-582-8118

On December 23, 2007 my Maytag dishwasher caught fire. I was preparing food for a Christmas party and discovered smoke and flames shooting out of the top portion of the door. I kicked the table out of the way of the flames and ran to cut the power.

12/24/07 I contacted Maytag who told me that they would have to send a service man out to verify my claim and to see if the unit could be fixed. They scheduled me for 12/28/07.

The serviceman arrived and verified that the unit had cought fire in the control board and that he had never seen anything like it. He also stated that it would take 25 parts to fix the unit at a cost of $900.00. He contacted his supervisor who told him that Maytag made a concession and would fix the unit for free. (unit is 4 years old). The service man stated that all parts would be shipped to me and I should contact the service dept prior to the scheduled date (1/8/08) to verify that all parts were here.

To date, 1/4/08, no parts have arrived. I have contacted Maytag and asked to have my unit replaced and they stated that I should be thankful that they agreed to fix it for free as the extended warranty I purchased expired last year.

I am very upset with the treatment I have received. Maytag stated that my worry for what could have happened is unfounded as the circuit breaker would have tripped. They do not care that I had to cancel a Christmas Party and throw away food because my kitchen had filled with black plastic smoke.

Never again will I purchase a Maytag!!

Comments

• Da
      30th of Dec, 2016

i bought a dryer at home depot at $403.00 we were happy but we went shopping a Brand mart and the same appliance was $349.00.VERY DISAPOINTE. Customer unhappy.email dxbeauli@hotmail.com Dan