Maytag - BGH Electronics / maytag washing machine - bgh electronics for repair

Martinsburg, WV, United States Review updated:

Purchased machine in April 2017. Have had problems with clothes not getting clean. In trying to identify if something I was doing was the problem, changing what clothes I washed together, changing detergents, I found my clothes would only appear clean when using the deep water wash. My dark clothes came out with a white residue. A pair of my jeans came out with the original dirt on them, only wet.

I contacted Maytag for the repair and they assigned BGH Electronics to do my repair. BGH made an appointment for February 2, 1018. They called that day and said there was "no way anyone can get out there today". A technician called me back the next week and asked a few questions. He said he had to order a "clutch" and would call me when it came in.

After a week, I called to get an update. No call was returned. I called again and no response. After several calls through the week, I heard nothing. I called Maytag customer service and was told they can't change to a new service company once one has been assigned. She also told me that if the technician would call with the part number it would be expedited to him. I left this message and no response. Late last week I had a voice message on my home phone to call them. I had left my cell for them to call. So I missed the call. I called, got the same voicemail as every time I've called. To date I have had no return contact. I called again today and left another message asking for an update and reiterating they could have the part expedited. To date, there has been no visit to my house to even see what the problem might be.

I purchased this washing machine with hopes it would be high quality. I have discovered it is not. In less than a year, it isn't working properly, there is definitely something wrong with the quality in manufacturing. I not only have the warranty that came with the machine, I purchased the extended warranty. Now I'm stuck with a defective machine with no quick resolution because of a policy with Maytag that they will not reassign the case to another technician. I can't resolve it be returning the washer. I have nothing positive to say about the Maytag product or the warranty service provided.

I feel a proper resolution at this point is a return and refund of the machine. If not, the least is a replacement machine. I don't feel confident in the product when it doesn't last a year without needing repairs. I waited some time before calling for repair hoping that I would find what I was doing wrong. I don't like that the clothes are not at least covered with water when they are washing. I don't see how they can get clean without a sufficient amount of water. It is high efficiency, but there has be a enough water to wash the clothes. The noise and shaking of the machine is unrealistically loud.

It is extremely unfair that a product can leave a storeroom floor and not be returnable within a period of time. How do you know if it is going to work properly or meet your expectations without trying it out.

Ju
Feb 20, 2018

Comments

• Sh
      20th of Feb, 2018

Hi Judy. Appreciate reading your concerns.

Your concerns questions the way a washer possibly clean without a great deal more water. The answer is relatively simple -- instead submerging the laundry in a tub of water, the laundry is cleaned pumping the water continuously over the clothing. It's the equivalent showering versus bathing. Because of energy efficient regulations, older styled washers no longer exist.

I'd like to help further. Can you provide the date of purchase and from where the purchase was made?

• Ju
      21st of Feb, 2018

@Shaun R. I did mention purchase date of April 2017. It was on the 17th from Lowe's. When there is no water visible at all, there is a problem. I watched my clothes move around tub and could see no water. When I took the items out, they were not all wet. My previous washer was high efficiency. The amount of water was visible in with the clothes. My main concern is that the clothes do not come out clean. I have been saving some of the items I put through the washer that did not wash properly. My dark clothes come out with a large amounts of white stuff on them. I use a clear on blue liquid detergent, not a powder. I've tried changing 3 times with no change. I have a pair of jeans that still have the dirt of them. It is a large amount of dirt that didn't wash and barely was damp when I took them out of the washer. It was where I could use the deep water wash and have enough water to clean my clothes. Yesterday, this setting did not fill the same as it had been and that load did not come out clean. Some of those where lightly damp as if they had been up against something wet but not actually making contact with the water. Other parts weren't even damp. I understand the cleaning process of the HE machines and see the advantage. I appreciate your response.

21st of Feb, 2018

@Judy Stohr Appreciate the additional information.

As simple this may sound, how about checking the water valves behind the washer, making sure they're on? Then check the hoses, after turning the valves off, to make sure nothing is clogging either of them.

One additional question: what model is this unit?

• Ju
      21st of Feb, 2018

@Shaun R. The valves are as they should be. I will try the hoses again.
    Model # MVWX655DW1
    Serial # C712 45038

21st of Feb, 2018

@Judy Stohr That's a quality model. You shouldn't be having problems. Let us know about the hoses.

• Wp
      26th of Feb, 2018

We thank you for your review, and are sorry to hear of the concerns you're having with your Maytag® Washer. We'd like to follow up with you regarding your concerns. Please email us at [protected]@Maytag.com with your name, phone number, address, model/serial number and date of purchase as well as the website you were contacted on so we may do so. Please include a brief description of your concerns in your email. Thank you Maytag® Social Media