Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner / strong irritation in eyes

India Review updated:

sir/madam
i bought an eyestudio lasting drama gel eyeliner from Ms Chawla store sector 8 panchkula Haryana India and got a strong irritation in my eyes with a severe headache. as a result i consulted an eye specialist costing me heavily. i strongly regret using the product after which i had to suffer a lot. i want u to take my product back as it has not suited me. i want my bills to be reimbursed too.
Ms reeti malhotra
house no. 899 sector 8 panchkula, Haryana, India

Comments

• Su
      Aug 28, 2011

I bought a Eye Studio™ Lasting Drama™ Gel Eyeliner from a reputed shop in chennai. After a few minutes of application I had burning sensation in my eyes. Even after I removed the eyeliner the burning sensation still persisted. I even noticed that my lower eyelid became bloodshot. The burning and redness went away after much suffering. I thought i was the only one suffering with this problem but some of my family members also experienced the same after using the product.

I am really unhappy that such a big company like Maybelline has come out with such a reckless product. I am afraid that frequent use of this product might damage someone's vision.

• It
      Apr 10, 2012

My eyes are burning and am also experiencing achy eyes alone with a headache in my temples. I live in the United States and recently purchased the Maybelline eyeliner gel as well, today is April 10, 2012. I have only worn it twice now trying it for the first time. I noticed it once, then used my old make up for a couple of days, then tried it again today. The same results. I thought I would try one more time to make sure of the association, but having read these reviews, I am now convinced that this pain is from the eye make up.

I am trying to find the ingredients to their product and having had success yet. This is outrageous that an eye makeup would cause such pain and the chemicals used must be considered hazardous. Maybelline should be made responsible and shut down.

I wonder if most people don't associate their headaches and eye pain to their eye make up - otherwise I would think there would be more complaints. Even I wasn't sure, just thought it was another headache we girls get.

• It
      Apr 10, 2012

I am resubmitting my post due to the errors. United States & 2012

My eyes are burning and experiencing achy eyes along with a headache in my temples. I live in the United States and recently purchased the Maybelline eyeliner gel as well, today is April 10, 2012. I have only worn it twice now trying it for the first time. I noticed it once, then used my old make up for a couple of days, then tried it again today. The same results. I thought I would try one more time to make sure of the association, but having read these reviews, I am now convinced that this pain is from the eye make up.

I am trying to find the ingredients to their product and haven't had success yet. If I find them I will post them. This is outrageous that an eye makeup would cause such pain. The chemicals used must be considered hazardous. Maybelline should be made responsible and shut down.

I wonder if most people don't associate their headaches and eye pain to their eye make up - otherwise I think there would be more complaints. Even I wasn't sure of the connection, just thought it was another headache we girls get. I will check complaint forums much more as well as reviews before I purchase things. I

• Ka
      Mar 18, 2013

I bought the master duo eye studio liner and developed such an irratation that i had to go to the doctor, who sent me to a specialist, which cost me money, i missed 3 days of work because i could not open my eye it was swollen shut, i have taken a loss with this product and i will not reccomend it to anyone, i am really thinking about not buying any more of Maybeline products and telling all my friends, i will get a pic of my eye and send it, im so upset with this liner, never ever again. I totally agre that Maybaline should be held responsible, or shut down so dangerous, i hope to hear from them otherwise i will be taking further action. You can reach me at [protected]@telusplanet.net

• Ms
      Jul 02, 2013

I too used this product for a couple of times and have had burning sensation and continuous redness and teary eyes.

• Al
      Aug 21, 2013

I bought Maybelline Gel Liner today and as soon as i tried it, i got buring sensation in eyes. Now my eyes, are buring badly.

Kindly suggest how u solved your problem and i wish to return the product too. How did you return your product?

• Sn
      Oct 06, 2013

i bought Maybelline gel liner from GIP Mall, Noida. It irritates my eye a lot. Even after removing it, i felt a strong sensation on my eyes. It was hard for me to keep my eyes open. i want to return this product.

• Sw
      May 17, 2014

I have purchased my maybelline drama gel eyeliner in a reputed shopping mall in cosmetics section. Firstly we don't get to try it on to test. Worst part is from the very beginning of application my eyes turn red as if i have allergies or conjuctivites, my eyes begin to tear and want to wash off immediately. Its a let down product.. I would never ever recommend this to anybody. Just threw away this expensive product coz they wouldnt exchange or refund my money in india. Sick.

• As
      Jan 23, 2015

I bought Maybelline drama gel liner from a reputed shopping mall. I had a burning sensation on my eyes after applying the product. I am a regular user of maybelline colossal kajal and I love the product.. I just want to try the Drama gel and it was irritating.. Not recommended to anybody.

• St
      Mar 23, 2015

I too have used have used this maybelline eye liner drama and it ALWAYS irritates my eyes initially I thought it may have been other make up pieces I used until I slowly stopped things one by one. Today I used just the liner and lo and behold my eyes not only irritated but they were bloodshot red. Completely unacceptable.

Apr 05, 2015

Disguisting product
    I advice everyone not to purchase this product

• Am
      Apr 29, 2015

I too hv faced same problem after using the maybeline gel eyeliner.. Goodness... Frm d very first use it kinda irritated my eyes soo badly tht my vision started to get blurred... Nt able to make out d cause.. After few days applied it again.. Nd landed up at n eye specialist wth serious eye allergy..nd sm Permanent eyesight problems... Bought it Frm amazon.. Which after complaining escaped by jst reimbursement of d amount to me.. But it is really disappointing to c sch brands coming out wth terrible nd substandard products like this.. 👎..

• Sh
      Mar 04, 2016

Hi,
    I have bought Maybelline gel eyeliner in December 2015 from NeW U store, V3s Mall, nirman vihar, delhi .
    when i started using it, it smuges under my eyes and everytime I have to clean it up. I have used this product many times earlier and recommended to many of my friends. But this happened for the first time I am disatisfied with product quality.
    Please refund my amount, I have paid Rs 495 for it.

May 15, 2016

I bought Maybelline gel eyeliner and applied it for the first time this morning. My eyes began to burn immediately, so I tried to wash the eyeliner off. After a few attempts, my eyes were still burning and became very bloodshot. About an hour later, I washed again and again, as the burning continued. I developed a strange headache in the temples only for most of the day. I will get my money back.
    I am searching online to find out what is in this eyeliner. I have never experienced adverse effects from any cosmetic before today.
    I am very concerned about this damaging product. Why would any company risk harming its' customers? I won't buy Maybelline products again. I learned that France has the highest reputation for clean cosmetics that do no harm. Why not every company?