Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner / Eye Burning & Headache from use

575 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10017, United States Review updated:

My eyes are burning and experiencing achy eyes along with a headache in my temples. I live in the United States and recently purchased the Maybelline eyeliner gel as well, today is April 10, 2012. I have only worn it twice now trying it for the first time. I noticed it once, then used my old make up for a couple of days, then tried it again today. The same results. I thought I would try one more time to make sure of the association, but having read these reviews, I am now convinced that this pain is from the eye make up.

I am trying to find the ingredients to their product and haven't had success yet. If I find them I will post them. This is outrageous that an eye makeup would cause such pain. The chemicals used must be considered hazardous. Maybelline should be made responsible and shut down.

I wonder if most people don't associate their headaches and eye pain to their eye make up - otherwise I think there would be more complaints. Even I wasn't sure of the connection, just thought it was another headache we girls get. I will check complaint forums much more as well as reviews before I purchase things. I

Comments

• Ro
      18th of Oct, 2011
    maybeline falsies mascara - mascara had no brush
    maybeline
    3250 national ave apt#5
    San Diego
    California
    Phone: 6196468007

yes i bought a defective mascara at walmart and the product had no brush.

• It
      10th of Apr, 2012

I am sorry you disapprove of my recommendation and you are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

I would suggest the shutting down of such a company because with such a name, their products ought to have been diligently tested before sent out to the public. There are two other posts on this forum that state the same reactions, one was in 2009 and one 2011. I assume there are many more people who have had reactions since 2009 and have notified the company. Yes an assumption, but with the pain I am experiencing, it would be shocking I and only two others are experiencing this. It's also scary to think what the future complications will be from wearing such harmful chemicals on our eyes?

So what is this harmful ingredient? I assume it's synthetic and it's listed on the MSDS as many of our cosmetic ingredients are. Some just cause more reactions than others, some come slowly and we don't even connect the dots of where the problem originated from, while others cause a reaction. It appears this one is causing a reaction.

These companies need to be held responsible for their misuse of such chemicals. And it's up to us, the public, to do so. Until then, they will keep getting away with, shall I say, "murder". It's our money, it's our health, it's up to us. If I sold one thing that brought harm to an individual - they would shut me down in an instant.

May I suggest that what's good for us, is good for them.

• Ra
      10th of Apr, 2012

Sounds like an allergic reaction and since not everyone who uses it experiences that reaction it sounds like a personal problem and a product you know now to avoid.

• Ay
      31st of May, 2014

Yes even I am getting tears rolling out of my eyes after applying this maybelline eyeliner

• Pa
      11th of Jan, 2015

i bought the maybelline gel eyeliner a month ago..every time i apply it my eyes start feeling heavy and i get a strong headache..i tried removing the liner and it made me feel better..initially i could not figure out the reason for the headache, it got impossible to work with that burning sensation around my eyes..but when i started observing i am now sure its because of the liner..
    googling about it i found i am not the only one facing this problem.
    Maybelline should stop selling this product asap as it could have serious implication on peoples eyes.its surely not a personal problem.

• Su
      6th of Apr, 2015

My eyes are burning and experiencing achy eyes along with a headache in my temples. I live in the India and recently purchased the Maybelline eyeliner gel as well, today is April 06, 2015. I have only worn it twice now trying it for the first time. I noticed it once, then used my old make up for a couple of days, then tried it again today. The same results. I thought I would try one more time to make sure of the association, but having read these reviews, I am now convinced that this pain is from the eye make up.
    Disguisting product. I advice everyone not to purchase this product