Maybank / customer service gave wrong info!!!
I have been a loyal customer of maybank as specially the credit card service.
I'm very unhappy with the service rendered to me today (14th january 2009) , after so many years of good service to me.
I call the credit card line, 1300-xxx with regards to an inquiry at about 1.30pm-2.00pm. The person who answered my call told me her name was rohaizmah (Not too sure about the spelling). I called because I had an inquiry regarding maybank ezypay. The dialog is as below:
Me::hi, mr wong here. I will be doing a transaction later amounting to rmxxxxx, but it’s not from your merchant offering ezypayment. I’m not too sure if ezypayment offered by maybank cc works for me in this case?
Rohaizmah::yes, you can charge the full amount and we will do an ezypayment of 6 months interest free for you.
Me::the merchant is not listed ya, but am I applicable to the 6 months interest free ezypay?
Rohaizmah::yes, all you need is to call us again after charging the amount. Best is to call tomorrow as thetransaction will be recorded in our systems then.
Me::ok then. Thanks. Will call you again after I have done the transaction.
Again at about 7.00pm, I called the 1300-xxx line again. This time halim (Cant really remember) answered. I told him that what I wanted to do, since the lady earlier told me it can be done. He coldly replied it cant be done, even though I explained to him a few times with regards to my earlier conversation with the lady. He wasn't any help either.
I felt so angry as I was provided with wrong information and have committed to a large amount money due to this error by their customer service personnel. Thinking to pay using my maybank credit card for the transaction even though I was charged 3% by the merchant for bank charges, was due to the information provided to me. If I know this would happen, I would not pay the full amount, just a nominal fee for booking purposes. And I cant even cancel the transaction as the ticket was issued.
Wont you would like to charge to your credit card if after confirming with the customer service of availability of 6 months ezypay?
This mistake is going to cost me dearly, as their customer. I'm very very unhappy with this.
More Maybank Complaints & Reviews
- Maybank - maybank's poor customer service 
- Maybank Etiqa Insurance - services 
- Maybank - maybank car loan service
- Maybank - cash stuck in cash deposit machine 
- Maybank - black listed 
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - Maybank Treatpoints Revised Without Informing Customer to the Right Channel
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - I have been scammed by this person who holds a maybank account 
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - credit card payment was made but no release payment nor my account was activated back
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - unethical financial advisor and unhelpful management
- Maybank Group / Malayan Banking - staffing